1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords Broad Match

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by t2dman, Sep 26, 2004.

I have an issue with Googles Adwords Broad Match. If I do a search for "Restaurant" or "White Restaurant" I see my Time2Dine ads. However, when I search for "White House Restaurant", the ad does not appear. I have adwords broad matched for "restaurant".

Another test was for "big restaurant" - appeared, and "big bad restaurant" - only my competitors ad showed.

"Green restaurant" - appeared, "Green Bay Restaurant" - no ads.

Is there any way of being able to Google Adwords Broad Match for any phrases that include the words "restaurant".

While the Digitalpoint keyword tracker is exceptional, I find it still useful to occasionally manually search for phrases on Google - means I get to see competing adwords.

t2dman, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Just type in the word without "" and without []. That way G will show your ad on anything they think is relevant (and that is a lot) so they can make the most maney out of you.

"white restaurant" is phrase match saying you want it to appear just on - beautiful white restaurant - or - white restaurant in london - and not on - white fish restaurant - etc.

T0PS3O, Sep 27, 2004 IP
  3. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your competitors have probably bid on those specific terms. I've often wondered if exact or phrase match bids prevent broad match ads from showing.

stephfoster, Sep 27, 2004 IP
  4. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like that is the answer stephfoster. Just one hang of a job to bid on so many, even with automated tools.

t2dman, Sep 30, 2004 IP