1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords as a science

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by siflur, Oct 14, 2012.

Hi,
    If you were to apply science to your evaluation of an ad group in Google AdWords, how would determine if you have enough data to estimate its performance?

siflur, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  2. lorraine02

lorraine02 Member

Best Answers:
    sure , adowrds on google is a complex subject for us to learn well.

lorraine02, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  3. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Statistical significance. If you toss a coin and it lands tails three times in a row, that is not unusual. The chances of that happening are pretty good, one in eight. But landing tails ten times in a row is much rarer.

Same with your data. You need statistical significance (enough data) so that you can be confident of your decision. I use a minimum of 20 clicks for each ad before deciding which ad is indeed the best and will consistently outdo the other. That's about a 95% confidence level.

Lucid Web Marketing, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  4. fubar78

fubar78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whenever I want to really see if my changes to my Adwords account were effective or not, I give it at least 2 weeks to generate enough data to make a determination.

fubar78, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  5. ParadigmAU

ParadigmAU Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why wait two weeks when you can find out the same information in two hours. That's the beauty of Adwords, as long as you have sufficient budget you can get data back very quickly. If you have to wait two weeks then you must have a very low daily budget or are chasing some very low traffic keyword terms.

ParadigmAU, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  6. sweethunt

sweethunt Member

Best Answers:
    you can use tracking services like Prosper202

sweethunt, Oct 18, 2012 IP