1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords allowing superlatives?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ewc21, Jul 13, 2007.

I know it's stated in both Google AdWords guidelines and Learning Centre that use of superlatives such as "Best" and "No. 1" are allowed only if it's a name of the product or its claim of superiority is verified.

I saw an ad on search results that has "Best" (screen capture here) even if the claim is highly arguable.

I think this is a minor mishap, even if I noticed some AdWords glitches in the past such as misspellings. Have you guys encountered the same thing?

ewc21, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  2. webonline

webonline Peon

Best Answers:
    Pay attention not to play too much with inserting superlatives in adtexts. Indeed it will have as an effect to prevent from your ad to show. The adwords review system will flag your adtext and will have to wait to be manually reviewed... and has a lot of chance to be rejected...

webonline, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  3. Huligan

Huligan Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe you can only make those statements (ex. "2nd largest widget provider in X, Y and Z counties") if you provide Google with 3rd party references they can confirm. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time before Google will catch it.

Huligan, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  4. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I've just seen this misspelled ad.

Celbrity Dress Up Games
    Find the best deals at lowest price Choose from 1000s of products.
    uk.shopping.com

Bad adwords!

magda, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  5. enginez

enginez Peon

Best Answers:
    Normally that would be rejected, but Google uses humans so occasionally one slips through.

enginez, Jul 14, 2007 IP