1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adware and Parasites - CJ (Commission Junction) Cleans House?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by 5starAffiliates, May 10, 2005.

Just blogged about this yesterday but its good news to know so thought I would post it here.

According to a recent article in MarketWatch CJ dropped the infamous 180Solutions earlier this year and is tightening the noose around other parasite and adware type affiliates. Jeff Pullen, EVP says only 5% of revenue at CJ comes from download applications (ie. adware). I think many affiliates and managers would dispute that number.

"180Solutions was in violation of our code of conduct," said Pullen. "They were kicked out," earlier this year… An affiliate of 180Solutions, Seismic, was sued by the FTC for unfair and deceptive marketing practices…"

Here is the MarketWatch article about it.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yho...o&guid={186A693B-863B-4C28-A09C-B53300A639CE}

Finally... :eek:

5starAffiliates, May 10, 2005 IP
  2. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great news! Nice to see companies realizing they could get in trouble for dealing with them.

stephfoster, May 10, 2005 IP
  3. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    Out with ALL parasiteware, the affiliates will be much happier and the merchants will benefit lots as well. It's a win-win situation but I can't see a total eradication anytime soon.

seo-ireland, May 10, 2005 IP
  4. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    It's kind of odd that they let 180solutions stay for more than a week, their stuff sucks. :(

nddb, May 15, 2005 IP