1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice with using Flippa to sell a site.....

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MobileInternet, May 10, 2013.

Hi guys, I'm looking at using flippa for the first time to sell a website, i've used their valuation tool (flippa.com/valuation) and they estimate my site to be worth between $7,000 and $10,000 based on the information I supplied.

I was just wondering if any of you have used flippa to sell a site before and if you could offer any advice?
    Is auction the best way to sell?
    Have you used Escrow and is it trustworthy enough?
    Is there a better/cheaper alternative to using flippa?

any advice is appreciated...

Thanks

MobileInternet, May 10, 2013 IP
  2. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how accurate those stats are...

But it's going to cost you around $30 to list and then if you do sell it, it will cost you some of the sale price.

topcoder, May 10, 2013 IP
  3. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you should definitely use escrow for a site with that kind of value. There was a thread awhile ago that talked about how a guy lost all his money because paypal wouldn't believe that he sent the site. There was no way for him to prove it, so the customer got away with his site and never paid a dime. Just a heads up.

gkuang2, May 10, 2013 IP
  4. .hawaii

.hawaii Member

Best Answers:
    If the site goes for a fair bit of money, you are probably best to use escrow. Flippa is a good way to sell your site especially if it's quality. If the site isn't very good, you might lose too much money in fees (At least $9 to sell it if it's new, about $30 I think if it's an established site with revenue and traffic) and then a 15% fee of the total price (Which is capped at a certain point, and is always a $10 minimum.

If you think you will get thousands for your site then it's probably worth using Flippa and getting some of the extras like front page featured on the last couple of days.

.hawaii, Jun 3, 2013 IP