1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.
  2. Better Analytics for WordPress Get It Free

advice/tips for contacting others for links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Such Great Heights, Mar 10, 2004.

I guess this is a pretty open ended question, and I've trolled through messageboards long enough and haven't found actual tips that I can recall right now.

What are some tips in regard to contacting other sites for links/link exchanges? As far as my own smallish sites I can find similar sites and ask for links, but my main question is for more popular/corporate sites/clients.

Let's say I have a client that is a big company that gets plenty of press, reviews of products, and links inbound, but I want them to get keyword rich inbound text links.

How can I ask other big news sites, or the like, for text links that aren't just the companies name but keywords are in the text link. (ie. NOT just "Company Name announces this product." But rather "Company Name announces this keyword+product." )

This is so that the company in mention gets a keyword relevancy link for that keyword and links to the page that is optimized for that keyword. Thus telling Google that this page is important to others.

Do I say something like "Hi, my name is _____ I'm contacting you on behalf of Company Name and I am asking you to change your link so we can get better SE ratings." or what?

Any suggestions?

Hmm... I could have said that in less words. I should get better at that. :rolleyes:

Such Great Heights, Mar 10, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Put the link in an email exactly as you would like it. The accepted format seem to be:

Title: My favorite keyword
    URL: http://www.myhomepage.com
    Description: My favorite keyword product is the best and the cheapest and we ship for free.

Then simply email the webmaster who has your link and ask then to please change it using the information provided. Some will, some won't, but you have nothing to lose.

compar, Mar 19, 2004 IP
  3. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Also use Newsgroups and attach your signature...

misohoni, Mar 30, 2004 IP
  4. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your help and advice.

I guess your right, there really isn't anything to lose if they already have it wrong/not what we want.

Such Great Heights, Mar 31, 2004 IP
  5. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    Ironically

you can find good links from the Adwords -

doing a search for appropriate terms you will find that sites are announcing their interest in exchanging links...

! !, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  6. StacyO

StacyO Peon

Best Answers:
    And specifically for press releases, have your client's pr people write the release "boilerplate" so that it has your keyword-specific link. Those releases go on BusinessWire, PRWire, etc., and are then picked up by the news agencies. You'll have a better chance if the corporate people establish the link first.

StacyO

StacyO, Jan 6, 2005 IP