1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

advice required regarding php script

Discussion in 'PHP' started by itsme3, Jun 26, 2013.

hi, i have a list for items on excel like about 1000 items, each item is in one row along with: category, code, price, reference, contact...etc.

my question is simple, i need to have a search box to filter the name and distinguish its row and show related data in that row...

then, if possible, to have a drop down menu next to the search name that have those columns header to filter the row as well to have the row gives speceif data in that row

e.g. search box is a simple edit text box and fixed drop-down-menu having options like: code, price, category, reference, contact...

process: if someone search the name of the item, it gives all data in that row, and, if someone wants to narrow the search to "code" then it will give the name and the code in that row... same applies to category column, price, reference...etc. (the combo-drop-down menu is having fixed options)

any idea how to make this possible? i was thinking of wordpress because i am planning to run it on mobile nicely, and only wp fits on mobile with nice layout...

please help

thanks a lot in advanced

Mike

itsme3, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  2. sorindsd

sorindsd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take a look at this http://wordpress.org/plugins/tablepress/ maybe it will help you

sorindsd, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  3. Nei

Nei Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion it will be simpler for you to find a freelancer to do such script. It shouldn't be too expensive.

P.S. And WP doesn't connected with mobile - it's a question of the layout

Nei, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  4. Pod2G

Pod2G Member

Best Answers:
    It can only be done self coded in php. Let me know if you still want to do it.

Pod2G, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  5. Tommy Arnold

Tommy Arnold Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tommy Arnold, Jun 29, 2013 IP