1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice please

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by BRYANMORRIS, Apr 21, 2018.

Evening everyone, hope you,re all well.
    I,m in need of a little advice before i start off on the wrong foot with a couple of future projects that i,m kind of planning.
    I,m a keen photographer and would like to start a blog to use as a kind of portfolio for, what will hopefully, be my full time career in the near future. I,ve got a few ideas rolling around in the old grey matter with how to approach the content of the blog but i,m a little concerned about its use in the future.
    I,m planning on selling prints of some of my pictures as well as advertising my photographic services on my own website, i,ll be setting one up when i,m ready, but would also like to link the blog to the website. So what i,d like to know is:
    What would be the best way to start the blog, using Wordpress or Blogger or is there another option, bearing in mind i,d like to access it through my website eventually as well as it being a stand alone??
    Also i,d like to try and earn some money, from paying ads, on the blog so what would be the best way to do that??
    Last question is just a general one.
    Do you have any advice regarding the above that you believe would be of help to me??
    Many thanks in advance guys and i,m sorry its such a long winded post..
    BRYAN
    SEMrush

BRYANMORRIS, Apr 21, 2018 IP
    SEMrush
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    WordPress
    Look at the plugins that other photographers use
    Play around with them, get a good feel for what the key differences are.

sarahk, Apr 21, 2018 IP
  3. BRYANMORRIS

BRYANMORRIS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you Sarah.
    I was thinking of going with wordpress but dont want to be messing things up before i start properly...

BRYANMORRIS, Apr 22, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You can always delete and start again.
    You need to mess things up, try things out before you find the one that's right.
    If you don't, you might miss features or not see how to use them best.
    The good thing is that you'll be doing it before people know about your site so nobody will see

sarahk, Apr 22, 2018 IP
  5. pagecoder

pagecoder Banned

Best Answers:
    Try instagram+wordpress+etsy

pagecoder, Jun 10, 2018 IP
  6. Komputerking

Komputerking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think you should have a separate portfolio/print store and blog. You can set one of those up really easily on like squarespace or wix. I think it would be a good investment for your to get a webhosting plan and setting up the blog yourself and doing the seo work to get people to follow your blog. Since it's photography you can really use social media as a huge advantage. Just make sure you consistently are uploading photos and tagging stuff. You will have a lot of success that way.

Komputerking, Jun 27, 2018 IP