1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice Please - New Post Take Many Days To Appear In Google Results

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bad_bob00, Jan 29, 2013.

Hi,

Looking for some SEO advice really. My Worrdpress blog used to rank really well, almost instantly, for any post made. However now its really struggling, and I'm trying to figure out why. It still has some authority but nothing like before.

My problem now is that if I make a new post, it takes ages to get included in Google search results.
    For example I wrote a post about Nile Ranger (a video) a few days ago.
    If I go to Google now and search like this:
    nile ranger site:footyblog.net
    it comes back with 0 results.

Anyone got any idea why this is, any settings I should be changing on the blog?

Thanks

bad_bob00, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  2. DaffodilSW

DaffodilSW Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your pages are getting indexed (may be taking some extra time) it means Google is crawling your data. Try to submit your content on various social networks like FB, Twitter, Linkedin, G+ and some social bookmarking sites as soon as you publish your post. That would increase the chances of getting your post crawled and indexed soon also will give you quality backlinks. Hope that would help.

DaffodilSW, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  3. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks like somehow your website has been infected by Google Algo updates, you may get some good authority back links for your website as well try to ping your website often when you publish new content

asghar.paracha, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  4. ayesha irshad

ayesha irshad Banned

Best Answers:
    bookmarking will fasten the crawling speed

ayesha irshad, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  5. crazybuoy

crazybuoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The simplest way to get the post indexed in search engine as soon as possible is to have noticed by high ranked blogs. But rather than requesting the attention from big blogs, there are some ways to do at home to get indexed your post in Google instantly.

1. Blog Communities
    There are some blog type of online communities that have higher ranking in Google and other search engines. So participate with them and list your blog post on them.
    You just need to design the title and description consisting with the best related tags, and keywords that will be used by users to search.

2. Site Valuation Websites
    There are a number of “website worth valuation” sites that have very much higher ranking. You can find them with “How Much Your Site Worth” search query. You just need to do to submit your blog’s post to them and they will create a page for your blog’s post. Some of them are StatBrain, BuiltWith etc.

3. Feed Aggregators
    Enlist your blog’s feed in some feed collectors websites. After registering your blog with them, they will rank your any newly made post in their blogs. These blogs will also provide you free and valuable traffic insisting Google to rank your blog’s post instantly.

4. Social Sites
    Don’t forget the impact of social media to provide instant indexing to your blog’s post. Bookmark your any newly published post in social websites.

crazybuoy, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  6. charmtolucky

charmtolucky Member

Best Answers:
    Google take time for crawling Video and Flash images added to your blog. So probably this is one of the reason. Earlier you must be adding text to your wordpress blog which was getting listed faster. Let me know if this is the case with you.

charmtolucky, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  7. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    Search by putting the URL of the post and not this way. If it displays not results doesn't mean the post URL is not crawled.

softech02, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  8. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always thought that if I put into google "keyword site:footyblog.net" it will tell me if I'm ranking for that keyword on any posts/pages of my site?
    Thanks for the help so far. I've just looked at my webmasters index status within google webmasters and it looks very poor, as if lots of my pages have stopped being indexed.

Attached Files:

9. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    There seems to be some problem. When I tried open footyblog.net, it gives nothing but just a blank page ! however http://footyblog.net/ronaldinho/ opens fine.

Is there any problem with the site?

I can see the site has 2520 indexed pages
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&filter=0&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=site:footyblog.net

This is pretty huge no. of indexed pages.

Which particular page you are talking about?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  10. nelnel

nelnel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips here. i usually use social bookmarking sites when i post a new article. now i'll try to use other options, like the site valuation website.

nelnel, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  11. jamessmithbest

jamessmithbest Peon

Best Answers:
    stumble and twitter or other social networking and good social bookmarking high pr and good Alexa ranks websites you are in top page in Google in short time....

jamessmithbest, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  12. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks softech. The site works okay for me - maybe it was just a temporary thing (sometimes it doesn't load, but not very often, could just be on a bad hosting package).
    The page in question is this:
    http://footyblog.net/nile-ranger-best-of-video/

13. swift551

swift551 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    do social bookmarking to index page................

swift551, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  14. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    There is no problem with indexing your website. The link is well indexed in google, see below link
    https://www.google.com/search?tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=http://footyblog.net/nile-ranger-best-of-video/&oq=http://footyblog.net/nile-ranger-best-of-video/&gs_l=hp.12...10985.10985.0.12176.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.les;..0.0...1c.1.6cb439TV3gQ&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41642243,d.dGY&biw=1439&bih=732

But there seems to be some problem with the site as I'm not able to open the link which you have given, it shows blank page !

bad_bob00 likes this.
  15. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey bad_bob00,
    This link is not working, I think this is a problem that your are not getting indexed page result..

afoley77, Jan 29, 2013 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  16. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi bad_bob00,

I am unable to open your page http://footyblog.net/nile-ranger-best-of-video/ . All I get is a blank page. I think this is the issue, and not the page not get indexed/crawled. You might want to check your site and make sure that particular page exists and is accessible.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Jan 29, 2013 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  17. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats really weird - thanks for all of the feedback. The page opens fine in my browser, no problem. Why would this be?

Also softech, with your message before that it does rank, the link to google just shows the video uploaded to Youtube and then the link below that (thefootyblog.net) is different to my site - (footyblog.net). Maybe you saw that and thought it was my site?

Bit worried as to why the links aren't working for other people..

bad_bob00, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  18. abraham26

abraham26 Member

Best Answers:
    In Firefox 16 it opens a blank page and source code looks like

Go to Google Webmaster Tools and use Fetch as Googlebot option to see how Google view your page.

abraham26, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  19. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay I tested the site on another browser and you're all right - the site isn't working at all.
    I've tried disabling all plugins (thought the cache one might be causing the issue) but I still can't get it to load.

Anyone got any ideas?

20. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just fetched from Google, it says success:

Don't know if that means anything?