1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice on what to put on a personal website to land a job in marketing.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wheelstb, Apr 20, 2015.

I still have a very big interest in Internet entrepreneurship. I am also trying to land a marketing job with a brick and mortar organization.

I like some feedback as to what I should put on my personal website to help me land that marketing job.

Here's what I'm thinking.
    A short about me page, similar to a cover letter.
    A page that showcases my portfolio. Most of it is written work and my resume.
    A page dedicated to my skills.
    a blog page where I can comment on new trends in marketing.

I have a portfolio that is a PDF. Should I leave the portfolio as a downloadable document, or should the content be directly on the page? Like I said, most of my work is written, but I do have some graphical items.

Any advice on what I should shoot for with the website would be greatly appreciated. I tried constructing the pages was and it turned out to be a bunch of pages with way too much text.

For some reason, talking about myself is not something I do well.

wheelstb, Apr 20, 2015 IP
  2. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Yes good points. It is very important that you work on your campaign like consistently updating your write-ups.

Dario McNut, Apr 20, 2015 IP
  3. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    I prefer the contents to be directly on page because some people are to busy or to lazy to download. But you should always have plan B and should have some downloadable contents because some potential customers or employers tell there workers to download the portfolio of the website/owner for them to read later after they are not busy. And if youre not really that good in talking about yourself then better add samples of your work that would surely interest of your target. :D

masterbusiness, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you cannot market yourself, you are going to have a hard time landing a marketing job. Hiring managers will expect you, especially, to be able to effectively market yourself. If you are good at marketing services, you should use those skills to objectively analyze the services that you will offer an employer. You can even pretend that you are doing this for a third person if that helps. Step back from being deep down in the weeds about your strengths, skills etc., and focus on developing a marketing plan/campaign for yourself as you would for a different service.

jrbiz, Apr 24, 2015 IP