1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice on PayPal mistake

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by origamiforest, Jul 15, 2016.

Hi,

I'm hoping for some advice on a mistake I made with PayPal.
    I needed money urgently, and as the banks were closed I thought I could simply send money to myself via PayPal using a credit card. I opened a second PayPal account, with a different email address and bank account, and sent the money across.
    When I tried to withdraw it, both PayPal accounts were limited/locked with the money still in it.
    It's asking for lots of personal documents to "resolve issues with related accounts" now.
    If I provide all the documents am I likely to get everything sorted, or will I get in trouble with either PayPal or the law?
    Didn't realise I was doing anything wrong :(

Many thanks

origamiforest, Jul 15, 2016 IP
  2. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can try calling them. And let them know your situation and inform that you were not aware about this.
    I also had a similar condition back in 2009 and I resolved one account first and then the other and closed it. Not sure how they deal with things now.

Digital_shubhi, Jul 15, 2016 IP
  3. origamiforest

origamiforest Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply - that sounds like a good idea to try and get one account resolved one first, I'll give that a go. I phoned them but they weren't very helpful. May I ask what caused your 09 condition (very roughly)? Just hoping it won't all happen again if I try to move that money afterwards (assuming it gets resolved...). Many thanks.

origamiforest, Jul 16, 2016 IP
  4. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I also had some situation where I needed to transfer money from one PayPal to another and thats why my both paypal accounts got limited. Although I got it resolved. If you see options in resolution center, do the tasks and then call them about one account. And once you are done with it, try the another account. First priority should be your main Paypal account.

Digital_shubhi, Jul 16, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yeah, right

sarahk, Jul 16, 2016 IP