1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice on Marketing my New Product

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by John Wright, Aug 10, 2017.

I've developed a social media course.
    My results in using it on a test site were May 2016 400 unique visitors, 900 page views.
    Started using the Social Media Chain June 4, 2016.
    Results at 30 June were 13,800 unique visitors and 68,000 page views.
    MY PROBLEM:
    I can only sell around 50 of these courses because I back them up with personal phone/skype/Messenger help and assistance.
    Then I got an idea.
    Sell the course to OTHER SEO/SMM providers, so they can substitute themselves instead of me, and sell the course to their own clients.
    CONTRIBUTING FACTORS:
    1. It's on a Wordpress website. Should I dupe it in a dedicated domain?
    2. How can I sell it and deliver the purchaser the product. I don't want each purchaser to have to build a website/add it to his own website.
    I've used a membership plugin to sell it on my own site.
    But TBH my strength isn't in selling this type of product
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Cheers
    John
    PS: By November 2017 I'd tweaked it until the test website for 150,000 page views from 23,000 unique visitors.

John Wright, Aug 10, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    With regard to the number of visitors there is certainly a demand for your social media courses. I understand the system you want for the courses where there is help and assistance available. I think that you could somehow substitute the personal phone, skype or Messenger help line with something like a public commenting system. People can ask questions and get a reply. This type of system is better because you will not spend time giving the same answer to plenty of different persons.

With the commenting system people will look if someone has asked a similar question before asking. This will save time. This is important because SEO/SMM providers want a simple solution. I don't think they're interested in answering the same question over and over again.

Finally I wonder if you have thought of how the SEO/SMM providers will pay you. Will they get the rights to the courses for a specific sum or will they pay a percentage to you for each sale?

MrKing01, Aug 10, 2017 IP
  3. John Wright

John Wright Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's part of the question... not sure if I should sell the rights, or how to make some kind of affiliate arrangement. Or maybe even ramp up the membership levels on my own website and then Work out affiliate on that.

BTW I like your commenting idea... will check out options soon as I can

4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you stick with the commenting idea, you're not limited to sell only around 50 of the courses :) I think it would be a great start for you to be in charge of the social media courses in the beginning. This will give you the opportunity to test the waters and see if your courses are profitable. You will also find out what works and what doesn't work. Which gives you the option to customize the courses so they are perfectly suited to your customers.

Profitability is something that potential SEO/SMM providers will look at if they would later become interested in an affiliate partnership or buying a license from you. I like your idea and there is definitely a demand on the market. Otherwise you wouldn't have so many unique visitors. I hope you do well with this business venture.

MrKing01, Aug 10, 2017 IP
  5. John Wright

John Wright Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers, mate - and thanks for your input!