1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice on first ecommerce site

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by 918503, Oct 17, 2016.

I am creating my first ecommerce site with roughly 8000 different products for sale and I currently accept PayPal only and do not require users to signup on my website. They only have to have a PayPal account to checkout and make payment on the site. Is this a good option for me as well as customers?

I would like to know how I am covered by seller protection and how a buyer is covered by buyer protection when shopping on my site. I would also like any advice/examples of ways I could instill buyer confidence in my site as well as with PayPal. Right now, I'm simply using a page called 'Store Policies' to best explain this, but I don't fully understand the legalities myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

918503, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal is good and safe. Many really trust PayPal more or less. As for seller and buyer protection, I am not too legal so all I can say is it depends on where the buyer is. IMO buyer protection would depend on where he is living. I would think that would be the same as well for seller protection. Might be good to look up on your area's buyer and seller protection policies so you know how much you are covered.

Milliardo, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  3. James Colwell

James Colwell Banned

Best Answers:
    it is not good option for without signup people purchase any item because people cant track his product and also add product in cart and buy after some time.

James Colwell, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  4. SellerAct

SellerAct Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Buyers always have more protections than sellers, however you shouldn't have any issues as long as you are not selling to countries where fraud is common. Pay special attention to high value orders even from "safe" countries. If you receive an order which is substantially higher than normal, you should verify the customer's identity.

My recommendations is that you do request signup for purchase. This gives you a huge advantage when it comes to email marketing. People are used to signup before they purchase. I would also add another payment option, maybe Amazon Payment or Stripe.

SellerAct, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  5. 918503

918503 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very good advice, I'll set it up to where you can register on the site but also be able to check out as a guest. Never used Stripe, but that sounds like a good secondary option. Thank you!

918503, Oct 20, 2016 IP