1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice needed on launching a paid membership site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by floatingworld, Aug 4, 2011.

I have a new client who is a leader in his field. He is well known in and has a weekly radio show following of about 200 000 listeners. He personally has pretty good brand recognition and His website has about 4500 newsletter subscribers. He works in a specific field that is high value (advertisers pay a lot to get in front of his listeners).

Right now his website functions as a "news aggregator" that streams relevant news to his web audience for free. Currently he has about 22 000 monthly unique visitors.

We are considering launching a Paid membership part of the website. Our plan of action is:

1. Launch a "Freemium" membership level and promote it. Offering special content to people who register for free memberships.

2. Assuming we generate a lot of sign-ups. Introduce a "Gold Level" membership where visitors would pay a monthly few for exclusive, time-sensitive content.

I would like to hear from people who have experience launching paid membership sites. Do you think it is a good idea for us? What are some of the pitfalls to be aware of?

I am willing to pay a consultation fee to someone who has a proven experience launching paid membership sites, in exchange for an hour or two to "pick their brain".

floatingworld, Aug 4, 2011 IP