1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice needed. Is it a good/bad idea?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aplus, Jan 16, 2017.

1. ResNetworking

ResNetworking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OP, I'd tell you this. You are right, it was easier done ten years ago.

Even so, do not be discouraged, once you plan properly, and have the right team, then all you're left to do is manage it well. Many projects like this fail, not because of lack of money, or even lack of human resource, but simply due to lack of proper management.

I know some good article writes if you need serious persons behind, feel free to PM me if you wish to chat. Otherwise, good luck, I think this can work.

ResNetworking, Feb 28, 2018 IP
  2. 3936296

3936296 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's a very good idea...

3936296, Mar 1, 2018 IP
  3. BoyJohnson

BoyJohnson Active Member

Best Answers:
    It can be one of the most lucrative ways to run a website. However, it will be very time consuming to start off with absolutely 0 or next to 0 in return.

You need to provide a plan for yourself. This plan must be how you will get traffic, what your content will be and how often you'll publish it. Affiliate marketing particularly in crypto is lucrative but requires a massive bulk of traffic. It's not like selling books or low value items.

I would personally start your plan with looking to capture Google snippets and knowledge boxes for some of the biggest questions people have. I've no doubt that there are gaps in these questions where answers are poor. This is the best way to build a great website.

BoyJohnson, Mar 1, 2018 IP
  4. Highlandspring

Highlandspring Member

Best Answers:
    Its a lot harder than it used to be, and it comes down to what you consider a good income.

If you would be happy with $200 monthly then this can work well
    If you need >$2,000 monthly from a project like this then it is unlikely to deliver for you.

I ran a very popular article directory back in the noughtys and made a nice living from it, but that was leveraging the content of others, I have maybe 30 sites of my own, but while they have 100's of pages each they have never made more than a few $ each per month.

So it comes down to how much experience you have, if you were a very experienced SEO person then my answer may be different.

Highlandspring, Mar 1, 2018 IP
  5. fatimabb

fatimabb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the idea is really nice and if you need a writer then count on me lol.

fatimabb, Mar 3, 2018 IP
  6. macgfxproject

macgfxproject Member

Best Answers:
    I Agree with @drewcored
    Its much better to make a niche out of your experiences on web development. better to stick on your forte by providing tutorial videos or something related to web dev/tech.

macgfxproject, Apr 10, 2018 IP