1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice Needed For High Traffic Site

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by CoLT99, Jun 2, 2015.

Hello I currently my site has went rather viral and traffic has jumped from around 100,000 impressions per day to just over 5 million per day and at times the site is running slow and even goes offline completely.

I am currently using bluehost and run the site on their standard VPS so I definitely need to upgrade.

Can someone point me in the right direction for what I need such as a dedicated server or something? My site has random traffic spikes depending on how viral the content goes as some articles can get 20K+ visits other can go viral and get 1 million + visits so traffic is spiking randomly and need hosting that can handle this.

Any advice is welcome thank you.

CoLT99, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  2. HMB Shiraz

HMB Shiraz Member

Best Answers:
    You'd be best to look into getting a large managed VPS. With proper caching and optimization, I would be confident that you would be able to make your site fit on a large VPS (6+ GB RAM, powerful CPU). To be honest, you're probably not getting proper management at BlueHost, so I'd give another web host a try before taking the plunge to a dedicated server. If you have any questions about managing servers, feel free to reach out to me as I do this both as a passion and professionally.

HMB Shiraz, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  3. obosor

obosor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your traffic is increasing rapidly then go for dedicated server.

obosor, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  4. mudaber

mudaber Member

Best Answers:
    you need a dedicated server if you want to get more help then reply me

mudaber, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  5. Qualdorei

Qualdorei Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need dedicated server for sure

Qualdorei, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  6. mudaber

mudaber Member

Best Answers:
    I had also high traffic websites then I got a dedicated server from verycheaphost after this change of server now everything is running fine

mudaber, Jun 6, 2015 IP
  7. TheMostCreative

TheMostCreative Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A mid-range dedicated server would be your best fit, if you need any help choosing one please let me know I can help.

TheMostCreative, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  8. CoLT99

CoLT99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the responses, I hired a server admin via freelancer so they are advising me which is the best option for myself since I have zero clue when it comes to the server side of running a web business! Thanks!

CoLT99, Jun 8, 2015 IP