1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice for setting up testing process

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Extranet Guy, Oct 24, 2005.

We have a web-based software application, and up til now have been doing all the testing for new releases ourselves. But with increasing complexity of the program and the need to test across various browsers and operating systems, it's becoming more and more challenging to get all the (functional) testing done. I'd like some advice on a practical way to engage outside help. Options we're considering:
    SEMrush
    1) Outsource design of all the test cases and the testing itself to a firm with expertise in this (though I worry about the learning curve on our application)

2) Design all the test cases/permutations ourselves, and then just outsource the testing itself

3) Buy testing automation software (but worry about the ROI here)

If anyone has some advice, I'd appreciate it. Again, we're looking to take a first step. Thanks.

Extranet Guy, Oct 24, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    if your application is popular enough, it may be worth your effort releasing a beta release for the general public to test and provide feedback to you...

if it's proprietary, then i'd consider hiring a team (maybe contract) to test the application in-house...

daboss, Oct 24, 2005 IP