1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice for a simple website idea

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Lelop Menet, Jan 28, 2018.

I would really appreciate it if someone told me how I could make my idea work, or atleast where to start. How do I make a website for free that when you enter it, you write a message or a text ( maybe include photos to) and then you have a button to compose this message to a url, and then when someone clicks the URL, he just sees the message. This is the sole message (link that contains a message). I know that since i want to create it for free, i may have a subdomain, but I don't care, as if it succeeds, I may be able to make money. (You probably dont get why I would do it, or how I could profit from it). But your help is greatly appreciated.
    P.S. Little/minimal design is required as the idea is very simle.
    And as you probably guesses, I have no experience whatsoever (except in HTML(little?))

Lelop Menet, Jan 28, 2018 IP
  2. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    Start this way:

1. Learn basic HTML and CSS. Once you do, create the "bones" of your website.
    2. Learn PHP and JS, but it will be more difficult than HTML.
    3. Once you got basic PHP/JS skills, use these skills to implement messaging functionality into your website (which you created previously).

phpmillion, Jan 29, 2018 IP
  3. Blizzardofozz

Blizzardofozz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot create a full URL with a simple click of a button. A full URL consists of a domain that must be bought. Or maybe I don't get the idea. But even if you want to have a domain and to create the new messages as files under this domain, some messages will be the same and will be hard to make the new pages. Some massages could be very long and surpass URL's maximum length. So creating this will not be that easy and you better hire a developer.

Blizzardofozz, Feb 20, 2018 IP
  4. Floyd Consultancy

Floyd Consultancy Member

Best Answers:
    @Lelop Menet your job is not as simple as your idea. As Blizzardofozz mentioned you will need to own a domain. The complex part of your idea is this part "then you have a button to compose this message to a url". However let tell you this too that it is not tough too. Learn the skill set mentioned by phpmillion and see where it goes.

Floyd Consultancy, Feb 20, 2018 IP
  5. webdev95

webdev95 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm reading it a little differently ... do you mean just a single page where you can send a message / link to and from the other person? The page gets updated ... sort of like instant messenger but is on a web page (separate of social media site)?

webdev95, Mar 21, 2018 IP
  6. orezman

orezman Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO, if you want to know the basic in web or how you can profit from it, you can try having a blog...
    It will help you the basic approach in many ways like:
    1. code structure (html and css)
    2. web design
    3. page optimization
    4. content creation
    5. profit gaining

and give this time to understand how it works....
    like phpmillion,blizzardofozz and floyd consultancy said learn the basics and from their you can advance your learning,
    and deepen your understanding about web....hopes this help...good luck...

btw
    if you are really into web developing, try to learn it one step at a time :D

orezman, Mar 27, 2018 IP
  7. Chiedo

Chiedo Member

Best Answers:
    That's a pretty simple website for a professional. Unless you want to become a programmer, just hire someone on Upwork. It's the kind of thing that could be knocked out in under 5 hours by someone who knows what they're doing.

Chiedo, Mar 28, 2018 IP
  8. Sankalp Patil

Sankalp Patil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your website idea is actually very simple it will consist of max 3-4 page or more you want to generate a url for every new massage you post then its not easy because a url also contains its domain.

the basic idea you should follow is that you create a webpage which can get the message in textbox and then save it in a database with unique id and then generate the link code of your same website with dynamic script which will extract that message from database.

for this you should have the basic knowledge of HTML, should be pro efficient in any scripting language like php or .net, and database such as SQL.

Sankalp Patil, Mar 29, 2018 IP