1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice about Twitter Lock-outs please

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by fallingskies, Mar 2, 2017.

I have a Twitter account of around 30,000 people, and the last few weeks I've noticed tat when I add say 50 people I get locked out and have to reset everything with texted passwords. I have noticed that others I follow follow 100s of people per week (t shows in their timeline). I would like to know why they are allowed to add people but I am not. I do so manually and do not use Tweepi.

This is very inconvenient and making me strongly consider focussing my time on Facebook instead, and I presume it's one of the reasons Twitter's share price is in the toilet.

fallingskies, Mar 2, 2017 IP
  2. Sarah - Dufferin Media

Sarah - Dufferin Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    Experiencing the same problem here daily. It is very frustrating.

Sarah - Dufferin Media, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  3. accel

accel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How long do you take to add 50 people? Can you try slowing it down?

accel, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  4. fallingskies

fallingskies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies. I would say that this last time I added around 50 or so, and in 10 minutes. I used Tweepi a long time ago but then any use of it all - even just one added follower - resulted in immediate lockout. I contacted them about it, they ignored me so I stopped using them. I'm not going for a world record of followers here, I just like to increase my followers with relevant and specific people I target for business purposes. This is the way business works. Twitter locking random people out all the time for this (I follow plenty who seem to be free to add who they like) might have something to do with why so many people are deserting them. They need to chill out and let people get on. Any ideas would be welcome in the meantime :)

fallingskies, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  5. accel

accel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say just follow people more slowly, i.e. not 50 in 10 minutes. Also, don't worry about it too much, because following people is not the answer to building a big Twitter following yourself.

accel, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  6. fallingskies

fallingskies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's 50 in ten minutes, but the first people I've followed in weeks, so really it's 50 in weeks. Their auto lockout policy for certain users but not others is not conducive to good business at all and I am not surprised about their catastrophic drop in share value. I have even considered it's being driven down on purpose in prep for a buy out, but who knows. I do know that I'm starting to invest more time and money in Facebook because of this attitude. Anyway, thanks to all!

fallingskies, Mar 6, 2017 IP