1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice about Ecommerce Website

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Addo, Nov 13, 2017.

Hi,

We are looking to develop an ecommerce site. We currently have a catalogue site. We need advice on what kind of ecommerce website technology is best: Prestashop vs. Shopify vs other? Pros and Cons?

We understand that with Prestashop customer experience may not be as good as other ecommerce solutions. Please advise.
    SEMrush
    Thanks.

Addo, Nov 13, 2017 IP
    SEMrush
  2. dimitarang

dimitarang Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I use woocommerce and it's really cool, I like it but you need to have some experience with wordpress before being able to maintain a woocommerce store. I have also used shopify, it is similar to wordpress, in some ways it is completely the same but you don't have access to the coding. You pay about 25$ monthly subscription for shopify and 0$ a month if you use woocommerce with free themes and plugins. Shopify is created for people who don't want to deal with coding and don't need to customize their store a lot. It is made to look good and to operate really easy. You will like it if you are looking for a fast simple store.

dimitarang, Nov 13, 2017 IP
  3. John Grande

John Grande Peon

Best Answers:
    We work with an integrated system that has ecommerce, accounting, inventory, and CRM all in a single solution. To know more about it, go to: http://cbimplementations.com/

-John

John Grande, Nov 13, 2017 IP
  4. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

OnlineWorkIdeas_com Member

Best Answers:
    If you have money to invest you may go to Shopify so that you get extra support when you need it. Shopify will be easier to setup.
    Alternatively, go to Prestashop or Magento. Magento will cost you when you have more needs.
    I use Prestashop for years and its 100% free in every way (no monthly fee, no commission, no product limitations). It is recommended for Prestashop to pay for a professionally looking theme/template and a one-page checkout module. Prestashop also can be configured to be very fast.

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Jan 13, 2018 IP
  5. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am using WordPress and WooCommerce for my ecommerce site and it's absolutely free of cost except for the domain and hosting fees.

You can get a plugin for every need and customization is very easy as well. So, my vote goes to WooCommerce.

Bella Lopez, Jan 17, 2018 IP
  6. Norbertj

Norbertj Member

Best Answers:
    Give WooCommerce a try. It's highly flexible with lots of features and functionalities. It's also fairly easy to work with and you can always find resources about WooCommerce online. Besides, it's free unlike other platforms like Shopify.

Also, most WooCommerce themes allow you to easily switch to/from catalog mode. Here is a list of some great WooCommerce themes I recently compiled >> https://wpreviewspro.com/best-woocommerce-themes/

Norbertj, Jan 18, 2018 IP
  7. Hostforweb Inc

Hostforweb Inc Member

Best Answers:
    I think that your choice should depend on the nature of your business and from the other hand - your platform should be useful and comfortable for your end users (clients).

Hostforweb Inc, Jan 26, 2018 IP
  8. Qammar iqbal

Qammar iqbal Member

Best Answers:
    I am web developer and I always use wordpress with woocommerce.

Qammar iqbal, Mar 30, 2018 IP
  9. victoria.onilab

victoria.onilab Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends on your webstore needs and the level of customization and personalization. If you need a budget simple store - woocommerce or shopify would do. If you aim for development and challenging features to gain more customers, then I'd recommend Magento

victoria.onilab, Apr 10, 2018 IP