1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Advertorial] Truth behind PR

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by scriptaty, Sep 23, 2008.

First of all I would like to clear that this is an advertorial of my upcoming e-book to gain more attraction. If this is wrong way then delete this without infractions. And please discuss only about the description below :-

Truth Behind PR

We all beleive that PR plays great role in SEO. But most of we don't try to get clear description 'What is PR?' or 'How does it helps?'.

Description of PR
    PR means the pagerank of Google. It is said to be helpful to get high rank in Google and supposed that high PR websites get higher priority from Google.

PR Calculation
    There are many websites in virtual world to calculate your PR. But none of them gives you accurate PR. Google doesn't provide tool to calculate your PR themselves. When authority website doesn't gives you exact PR then how can we believe that other websites gives us accurate PR. So, depending upon them might me a great risk but also for approximate result we can use them and might get some help.

How is PR calculated?
    Tools that we can find in internet calculates the PR by calculating the backlinks that are coming to your website from other PR websites.

What is the importance of PR for Google?
    Google calculates your PR and gives you nice result. This is truth but this is not full truth because Google doesn't just see your PR and gives you high position for having high PR. But the truth is that google gives you more priority and crawls your site frequently. This means you will get indexed fast in Google and your updated pages will also be updated in Google in no time. Due to this you site will get more inner links linked to each other. And as result Google will find your website to be useful for users for specific keywords. For example you can take this forum too. You post here today and come back tomorrow and search for your title, you will find that your pages has been already been indexed in google in DP. Similarly, try for your website which has PR0-1, post today and get back after 1 week or so to see your pages to be indexed in google. This is the main profit of having high PR.

How does PR increase SERP in Google?
    As I already stated in above, you will get your pages fast indexed if you have got high PR. And after getting so fast indexing in google, your inner link will be increased. If you have massive no. of link linking to each other then google will find your website to be helpful and you will rank high for those keywords and may be no. 1 too. There is nothing special work of having PR except getting fast indexed in google and for website selling too.

How does backlink helps to increase PR?
    Having backlinks from high PR websites will surely increase your PR. But having a lot of links below PR 2 that is rapidly created will banned you from Google.
    Let's now discuss about the main thing. When you will have backlink from high PR Websites, Googlebot will come to visit that website frequently to get new updates. While visiting it will get your link too, after that googlebot will enter inside your website. As the result while crawling high PR website, googlebot will get inside your website also and updates your pages too. But also know that high PR websites also gets maximum visiting of googlebot through other links. Without backlinks they will also don't have any high PR.

Do we need to have backlinks to increase PR?
    Normally yes, but it's not that you must have high no. of backlinks to get high PR. If you update your website frequently and Google gets your pages are frequently updated then it will surely index them. Sometimes websites with PR 0 will also gets indexed in google frequently for their updates. But PR tool doesn't show it's PR to be high but also Google will give it priority and might have increased the PR without any backlinks. Hence, getting indexed in google for updated pages in no time means you have good PR already even without backlinks. So, try to get indexed in google for every pages through different media like frequently updated sitemap in google webmasters and many different ways.

SUMMARY
    PR is just a priority tool created by google for informative and regular updating websites. Don't feel bore with less PR. Backlinks from high PR or signature of DP is there already for you to help to get your pages indexed in Google fast. And don't go behind PR but try to get indexed in google fastly along with your updated pages, PR will increase automatically. It is google's job to increase your PR. You just try from your side.

At Last I would like to say that this is just a little sample from my ebook but it is not totally same in the ebook. Please visit the following link for the ebook.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1035777

scriptaty, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  2. SEO_WatchDog

SEO_WatchDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the PR hustle should only bother directories owners - it has nothing to do with ranking well!

SEO_WatchDog, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  3. ibnuasad

ibnuasad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this one. One of my colleague had a PR 2 photoblog and there is not even one web site in the whole world wide web that linked to the photoblog. When his domain got suspended, the PR dropped to 1. But still, no backlinks!

ibnuasad, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  4. scriptaty

scriptaty Banned

Best Answers:
    I already discussed about the importance of Pr already above. PR is not only important to directory owners but when your CMS website also gets high PR then your website is indexed fast by google. And more inner links are counted by google, as the result you will do good for many keywords at once. And PR is most improtant to directory owners just because they get paid high for the links submitted in their directory.

scriptaty, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  5. ashein

ashein Banned

Best Answers:
    Very true... :)

ashein, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  6. cnvseo

cnvseo Guest

Best Answers:
    I have not heard yet that any site get banned from Google because of having lots of backlinks form lees than PR 2 websites.

I think if you have backlinks form PR 1, PR 0 sites you will get benefits of anchor text only, not for PR of your site.

If any one knows such rule from Google that it banned site having backlinks from less than PR 2 websites let me know.

cnvseo, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  7. seocracker

seocracker Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR is everthing and don't make any excuses to depend that PR is not important. You should try to improve your PR because that is the heart of Google Algo.

seocracker, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  8. sprabhu

sprabhu Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, PR concept is just for google or we can say that google has the monopoly of PR, all we should try to increase it. Google loves it.

sprabhu, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  9. scriptaty

scriptaty Banned

Best Answers:
    Sorry for some misunderstanding. But I didn't wanted to say that google will banned your website full if you get lots of links through less than PR 2. But I wanted to say that google will not give you priority for your anchor text and this can move you towards penalization also if you get lots of links from those types of websites invery short period.

scriptaty, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  10. genuineseo

genuineseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good article post.

genuineseo, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  11. Kneoteric_eSolutions

Kneoteric_eSolutions Banned

Best Answers:
    We all believe that PR plays great role in SEO. But most of we don't try to get clear description 'What is PR?' or 'How does it helps?'.

Please count me out of "We all". I am not too fuzzed about PR when it comes to SEO. Does not relate to rankings of SERPs and I consider it a complete waste of time. Your efforts could be very well utilized for something else that would deliver more substantial results.

Kneoteric_eSolutions, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  12. scriptaty

scriptaty Banned

Best Answers:
    PR is not only a word but the frequency of getting your pages indexed fast in google. So, without considering about PR it is not possible to get permanent or long term position in google for specific keywords.

scriptaty, Sep 24, 2008 IP