1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertising problems with Myspace, eBaum's and other high traffic sites

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by axelfr74, Aug 17, 2006.

Hi all,

like many others here I tried to advertise on the large traffic sites MySpace, eBaums World, Digg and so on. With little to no success:

MySpace: I purchased a 80k+ bulletin-to-friends package for 40$. I got only 48 (!!) unique visitors! Thats nearly 1$ per visitor in costs. Ouch! My promoted mobile-gaming site is perfect for the Myspace audience, so I have no idea...is MySpace still a good platform for advertising?

eBaumsworld: Never managed to go through the registration process. I'm still waiting for a confirmation mail. Is the registration site broken? If anybody wants to sell an account there for cheap please let me know.

Digg: I wrote a story about freeware mobile games. Without cheating I got 2 diggs - wow. I believe there is NO way to go to the homepage without cheating. But I never tried to do so.

Stumbleupon: I got about 200 unique visitors after submitting my site. After the first day I got 0. Useless.

After all I'm a little bit demotivated. Are there any big-traffic-toplists for freeware sites or something like that? I'm geting the best national traffic from such sites.

Axel

axelfr74, Aug 17, 2006 IP