1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

advertising on Bidvertiser = Low Quality Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by CreditFamily, Apr 13, 2006.

Is it just me or does advertising on Bidvertiser stink. The type of traffic I get to my site from them is horrible. It does not seem targeted at all... Most visitors form Bitvertiser view the home page and leave and do not clok on anything. Does anyone else have any similar experiences? What other advertising methods do you reccomend that are a good deal? Thanks!

CreditFamily, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  2. gotalkmoney

gotalkmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never tried it but have you tried adbrite.com? I was able to get on a PR7 site for $1/day. It was great, I got about 45-50 hits that one day.

gotalkmoney, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  3. tusen

tusen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol and there bid prices are WAY to high! I recommend adbrite =)

tusen, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  4. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Probably because all the people who can't get accounts for Adbrite use Bidvertiser.

nate_king1, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  5. tusen

tusen Active Member

Best Answers:
    well I think adbrite accepts everyone..

tusen, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  6. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    from a publisher point bidvertiser sucks too..
    i was getting very untargetted ads

munt, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  7. CreditFamily

CreditFamily Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I will check out adbrite.com. Bidvertiser sure was cheap, I was only paying about 0.15 cents per click which is cheap for a finance related site. But I would rather pay more and have better targeted traffic.

CreditFamily, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  8. tusen

tusen Active Member

Best Answers:
    quality over quanity as they always say it

tusen, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  9. superclick

superclick Peon

Best Answers:
    I have bidvertiser on two sites. They don't have that much advertisements so almost all ads that appears on my site don't have anything to do with site content. It seems to me that they pay little more per click but ctr is very low because ads are way off of the content of the site. I don't have time right now to remove them but I'll switch back to adsence soon.

superclick, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  10. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok went with bidvertiser when I was running another paid posting service. Found out that it was advertised on a Middle Eastern Adult Content site. I went wt........? Paid Posting - Middle East - Adult content. I never went back to renew. The owner said the site was never to be placed there and didnt know how it got there. Blah blah blah.

lpstong, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  11. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also use adbrite for advertising. I have chosen the sites that are on the same topic. I thought that I would be make some good returns on my traffic, but for some reason I was not. It felt like I was spending more than what I was earning.

After doing a days worth of programming where I made a very detailed statistics so that I now know exactly where my visitors are comming from, how many pages they are looking at, how long they are on each page and what path they take while they are on my site,

I now realise that I am getting alot of 1 pageclicks from adbrite.

I do get some very targeted visitors where I get around 20 or so pageviews and I also get many visitors from adbrite that give me around 3 - 5 pageviews, but I am finding that about 80% of the traffic is just 1 click pageviews. In other words they come to my site and then click straight of it.

Compare that with the traffic that I get from DP and Google I would suggest that you may want to watch some of your advertising using Adbrite.

I mainly advertise with the smaller sites, so it may be better with the bigger ones.

Also, I have found that alot of this traffic is coming from all sorts of countries where their browsers are not set to english.

The very targeted visitors that I get from DP and Google are mainly english speaking. So this could be the reason why adbrite is not as targeted as these two sites.

I would also say that I don't get the most of my traffic from DP or Google, I only mentioned these two as an example.

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  12. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haven't seen or heard yet any surfer "cloking" on a website :D

Personally I thought that Bidvertiser was already out of business because this "Adsense alternative" is one of the worst out there since the beginning. Adbrite doesn't stink, but doesn't work at all either, unless you spend loads of time trying to figure what is it about.

A good contextual advertising network is 7search which has been in business since 1999 and pay way too much better than Google Adsense. To apply you need to live in the USA though.

Mystique, May 14, 2015 IP