1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertising Legal Requirements

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BTBAM1, Sep 27, 2019.

I will be advertising primarily in UK & Ireland.

I contacted asa.org.uk and explained that I was looking to advertise a sports tipping service and my two primary ways I planned to advertise it.

The main points of their reply is:

(1) The rules in Section 16 (Gambling) apply to ads for products that are licensed by the Gambling Commission, so they’ll apply to any parts of the website that include affiliate links or codes for gambling products. However, betting advice and tipster services don’t themselves qualify as gambling products, so based on your description of the site we don’t think it’s likely that ads for the website as a whole would be subject to the gambling rules.

(2) Ads for tipster services are still subject to the parts of the CAP Code that are not sector-specific, including a general requirement that they should be socially responsible. If it’s the case that the ads for your service are targeted at an audience of over-18s, we don’t think the approach you have described is likely to be considered problematic.

(3) You should be aware that, although it is designed to reflect the law, the Code does not cover marketers’ legal or other obligations, which remain their responsibility.

*** What are the main marketers' legal obligations for a sports betting tipster service? Thanks.

BTBAM1, Sep 27, 2019 IP
  2. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You will find some customers when non-sense comedy workers of South East Asia have some things inserted into there mind.

jaguar34, Jan 1, 2020 IP
  3. LewisH95

LewisH95 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Under the law, claims in advertisements must be truthful, cannot be deceptive or unfair, and must be evidence-based. For some specialized products or services, additional rules may apply.

Within that USP, Reeves explains there are 3 parts:
    Each advertisement must make a proposition to the consumer. Be direct. ...
    The proposition must be something your competition either cannot or does not offer. In other words, it needs to be unique.
    It must be strong to motivate people to purchase what you are selling.

LewisH95, Aug 12, 2020 IP