1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertising for new website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Sari, Feb 16, 2005.

Hey everyone,

Got this new website that should be up and running....meaning all the content and pictures up in 3 weeks. I'm kind of new with this whole internet thing and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice to help me. The website will sell home and garden furniture! What advice do you offer in order to increase your search engine rankings? I'm kind of just learning about affiliate marketing...so besides that source of advertising , i don't know much. What do you guys recommend i do between now and when the website is up and ready? Write articles, link exchanges, join affiliate programs, etc...? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sari
    www.CoconutzHomeAndGarden.com

Sari, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    As soon as you have it online and optimized with meaningful titles, descriptions, and headings

1. Obtain a link from a page that get spidered regularly.
    2. Submit to DMOZ.
    3. Start finding good backlinks to site.
    4. Be patient.

It is easier to exchange links once you have something to show and site has been indexed.

Shannon

Smyrl, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  3. jackburton

jackburton Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have submitted to the search engines a month in advance of your "official opening". Really, it takes forever to get listed.

And as Smyrl said, getting linked to a popular site is the way to go, because they get spidered regularly, and as a result your link/page gets on the engine faster. But then again, this is the tricky part -- getting someone who doesn't have to to voluntarily link to you.

And please, whatever you do, DON'T use one of those generic "I visited your site and liked it, and I have already linked to you, can you link back to me" email. God, I HATE those emails so much. They mind as well have, "This is all B.S. I'm just trying to get link from anyone who is dumb enough to do so."

jackburton, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  4. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yea - there getting more and more frequent....

people are finally trying to re-word them a little better since it's the same exact pitch over and over again... :D

Find a good strong theme related site and just buy a link on it..... ;)

It's worth the time you'll save in trying to find a reciprical....

One way is better anyway.

clasione, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Check out this forum, there are many threads about people offering free spots to add your URL [for example, www.iconcave.com/partners ;)]

fryman, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  6. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    I find that in non-webmaster related areas, established sites are frequently willing to link to you from high PR pages if your new site has interesting and useful content. Since you are selling garden furniture perhaps you have some pages about quality and value related to the products that would be helpful to garden club members.

Paul

mhdoc, Feb 17, 2005 IP