1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertise your Website or Product on an LED sign in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by soulscriber, Jun 21, 2006.

I am in charge of a large Daktronics LED sign installed on the exterior of a hotel in San Francisco. The hotel is located at an intersection of Highway 101 (Lombard Street), which is a 6 lane (3 each way) street at this point in the city.

This intersection gets over 75,000 cars passing by it daily (37,500 each direction according to the Department of Transportation). It is the first hotel or signage really that anyone crossing the Golden Gate bridge into downtown San Francisco, Fisherman's Wharf, the Marina and down into the Peninsula sees.

The sign is a full color LED Daktronics sign approx 3 feet tall and 8 feet wide.

I am selling spots on this sign for only $500 a month. It is absolutely perfect for website advertising because of the size and location. Each spot is a 10 second advertisement with up to 4 animated frames. At the moment, only 5 other advertisments are being played, so the next ad would get 1/6th of the total time on the sign. This translates into up to 12,500 unique physical advertising impressions a day (75,000/6).

Comparable advertisments can be found at ClearChannel.com. Advertising on a billboard they have is up to $6,000 a month, and they don't provide the color animation or LED lights this sign provides. A ClearChannel 'newsrack' advertisment in San Francisco runs for $1,000 a month, and it is simply a poster on a newspaper rack in the city. This sign is a great deal for advertising on a budget, without sacrificing exposure. We are not a multi-national conglomerate media agency with a monopoly, just a great location in the city that happens to have a sign with space to sell.

If you are interested in advertising or would like more information please email .

Thanks

soulscriber, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  2. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So how much do you charge per month?

I've been staring at my screen for way too long, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks for the correction cagintranet :)

Tyler Banfield, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  3. cagintranet

cagintranet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    read the post:

cagintranet, Jun 22, 2006 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you have pictures of the sign and its placement?

yfs1, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  5. soulscriber

soulscriber Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, I will get them up later today and PM you.

Thanks.

Photos and presentation of sign available at http://www.forumworkshop.com/LEDsign

Just click on each jpg in order.

Thanks.

Anyone else interested?

soulscriber, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  6. Rober

Rober Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    83.3% - 5
    i maybe are... will take a look at it..

Hello... please contact me re LED signage. Very interested in the possibilities and avenues to chase in this space!

thanks,
    -zensufi-

Rober, Jun 23, 2006 IP