1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advantages and Disadvantages of using blogspot?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by joey112, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ajushi

ajushi Peon

Best Answers:
    Pros:
    You know you'll site will last a long long time without paying hosting fees. It'll be up 24/7 for a lot of years.

Cons:
    You don't get the freedom of putting a lot of features in your site.
    Google has the right to delete your blog anytime they want to.

ajushi, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  2. funseeker

funseeker Peon

Best Answers:
    now blogspot has a lot of new features which can make it almost like a whole website, you can even make it an ecommerce site to sell your things

funseeker, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  3. haihasgnct

haihasgnct Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just used to using blogspot, I found easy to use ,.... :D

haihasgnct, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  4. boyblogger

boyblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    Using Blogspot is suitable for beginners who is no familiar with blog writing. It is user friendly too. But its too bad you can't control certain keys that you want and it can be closed and you can get frustrated if you had it with you for many years.

You can start with it but later get your own domain & hosting. have a sense of ownership is great.

boyblogger, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  5. haihasgnct

haihasgnct Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also intend to use wordpress, because they may someday google will close 306 Blogspot similar to yahoo, but really difficult for me when the new wordpress. I'm used to using Blogspot.

haihasgnct, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  6. baccifinejewelry

baccifinejewelry Peon

Best Answers:
    Advantage:
    You can create blog right away without paying single cent.

Disadvantage:
    You blog might ban once it generate high traffic.

baccifinejewelry, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  7. rahul554

rahul554 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google could take your site down anytime along with your months of hardwork.

rahul554, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  8. AceV

AceV Peon

Best Answers:
    I like Blogger because it's free & easy to get started. Cons are that it is a subdomain, Google can shut it down, and you have to comply with Google terms. Their new templates & design features are very helpful & easy to use. You can now easily make a pretty clean looking website that doesn't even look like a blog. Blogger's code can be more lengthy than other platforms. This may make your blog/site less SEO friendly.

AceV, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  9. thalada

thalada Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont find any disadvantages in blogger unless you are a pro. For beginners it is the perfect thing to try out what ever they want. More over it is free of cost, free themes. And you can optimize money with your site through adsense.

thalada, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  10. syed.ali1996

syed.ali1996 Member

Best Answers:
    I would prefer to use blogger but you need some html expertness to use blogger!

syed.ali1996, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  11. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Blogspot is very easy to run. I still wish you could bulk upload via FTP though.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  12. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best way to start online is with a Self-Hosted Site - preferably a Self-Hosted Wordpress Site.

Using a free Blog like Blogspot will not get you the results you want online. It will actually take you a lot longer to build good traffic to a free blog site like that. Plus you do not have 100% control of the site and the design so that alone will get you frustrated sometimes.

I personally use these free blog sites like Blogspot.com for backlinks to my main site. I write blog posts linking back to my main site and then I give those backlinks (from blogspot) more backlinks so that way my main site will get a lot of link juice! ;)

You can still make it happen with a free blog site but you will work way more and it will take way longer to see results instead of a self-hosted site where you can get results way faster.

This is my recommendation when it comes to building a website online with the purpose of making money online with it.

The cool people above me have already explained the down-side and up-side of running a Blogspot site.

I hope this info can help you in any way possible! ;)

Much success!

Snoopy240, Jun 28, 2013 IP