1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

advanced vs standard match types

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by los123, Oct 19, 2006.

I'm used to using adwords as I'm sure many are that start using ysm. I emailed yahoo asking "Is there a way to make exact and phrase listings?"
    Their reply
    "The Standard match type displays your listings for exact matches to your keywords, as well as for:
    · Singular/plural variations of your keywords
    · Common misspellings of your keywords
    · Topics that are highly relevant to your keywords
    · Topics that are highly relevant to your titles and descriptions

The Advanced match type drives additional targeted leads to your business from the Yahoo! Search Marketing high-quality partner network of sites. It helps you grow your business while saving you time and effort by displaying your listings for a broader range of searches relevant to your keywords, titles and descriptions and/or web content. And because you have the ability to track and refine your results specifically for this match type, you'll have the information necessary to keep your ROI on track."

So I'm still trying to figure out how to do an exact match. With adwords I would just do this for my keyword [lasic eye surgery]
    real easy.
    With yahoo no real clue how to get an exact match. Thanks.

los123, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  2. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    'Standard Match' is as close as you can get currently.

There's a new system currently being rolled out though, so it's possible you may be able to specify 'exact match' in the near future... don't know yet.

Dan, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  3. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    I've run into the same problem. I submitted hundreds of ads today and got hundreds rejected because YSM was "nice enough" (lol) to catch my misspellings. Of course, i'm trying to get higher positions via my misspellings. I turned off Advanced Match, but haven't submitted any new ads since then. I'm hoping this will slow down the rejections.

flip, Nov 3, 2006 IP