1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adult Advertising Program

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by austinloid, Sep 6, 2010.

Does anyone have an adCenter account that has been approved for their adult advertising program? If so, how did you go about applying for it and do you have a contact person there that I could get in touch with? I am in desperate need to get adult ads running on adCenter. I have been running adult ads on Yahoo SM for over 2 years and feel a little screwed over not getting a spot in adCenters adult program.
    SEMrush
    Any information/help is appreciated. Also, if you do have an adCenter account that can run adult ads, I am willing to pay good money for it!

austinloid, Sep 6, 2010 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Loni

Loni Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm dealing with this same issue right now. I was transferred over (kicking and screaming) from the old Yahoo PPC program where I was getting great traffic.

Adcenter is very frustrating compared to Google Adwords and the old Yahoo PPC program. The good news is that they have account reps that will work with you. I recommend that you contact an Adcenter customer service representative and request that they forward you to the adult advertising program for approval. I think they will do that with no problems.

You will need to complete an application for review by special adult advertising program reps. I was approved with no problem so I don't think it is a particularly difficult process to be approved. Just be thorough on your application. Once you're approved you will have to use ONLY keywords from their approved keyword list. I've found the adult approved keyword list to be very restrictive and you're likely to lose search volume from what you're used to with Yahoo PPC.

Adcenter is notorious for low quality scores if your exact search terms don't appear on the landing page. I have gotten around this problem by creating multiple landing pages using the exact keywords/phrases throughout the page. They also have a very broad view of what they consider adult. I advertise dating sites with no nudity, but I'm forced into their adult advertising program anyway.

Presently, I'm spending a great deal of time trying to get any kind of reasonable search volume. I've considered giving up and just focusing on my thriving campaigns in Google Adwords, but I'm hoping I can tap into additional revenues from Adcenter.

I wonder if anyone else has experience in the Microsoft Adcenter Adult Advertising Program. If so, I would like to hear your thoughts and experience.

Loni, May 23, 2011 IP
  3. Thoing

Thoing Member

Best Answers:
    Thoing, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  4. Loni

Loni Peon

Best Answers:
    I've spent about 1.5 months tweaking my Adcenter campaigns. Much of my frustration is in the editorial process. Adcenter editors (just like Google Adwords) simply reject an ad or give it a low quality score without any explanation at all. Instead, they refer you to their advertising guidelines where you have to wade through and try to determine what went wrong. In just one example among my ad campaigns, the words "hook up" appeared in the body text of a dating ad I was running. Although the words were not used in an "adult" context, the ad was disapproved anyway with no explanation. Eventually I figured this out on my own. Once I removed the disqualifying words, my ad was approved. Even though I had a customer service representative working with me, she was not even made aware of the reason for the disapproval of my ad. I was left to figure it out on my own which took several days of trial and error, making changes to my pages and resubmitting them. It can be frustrating.

My experience with Adcenter's adult advertising program is mixed. I did get my account approved and I have set up some adult ad campaigns. The problems is limited traffic and even more limited keywords. You must choose keywords from Adcenter's approved adult keyword list. It's not as simple as just selecting your own keywords. The Adcenter approved keyword list is quite limited. You can submit your own keywords for approval but they will likely be disapproved unless they are explicitly adult terms. For example, you cannot bid on the keywords "gay dating" if your ad is an adult ad campaign. Instead you will have to choose something like "adult gay dating."

The good news is that I spent that time and learned a lot about what the Adcenter editorial team is looking for. My ads (including those in the Adcenter adult advertising program) are now running profitably at about 33% ROI. That seems pretty good compared to other ad campaigns I'm currently running. It is actually outperforming my Google Adwords campaigns. I'll be going through and tweaking them next.

I'm very pleased with the quality of Adcenter traffic -- not so much with the difficulties in getting ads approved and the limitations in the adult advertising program.

Loni, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  5. clarkmilark

clarkmilark Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info!

clarkmilark, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  6. Loni

Loni Peon

Best Answers:
    Over a year of trying to toe the line with Microsoft Adcenter and I'm done. They denied my PG rated dating ads and said they were adult content so I applied for the adult content program and was finally approved after a lengthy process. I tried placing the same ads but now they say I can't use "non adult" keywords for my "adult" ads. The entire process is asinine and a waste of time for the little bit of traffic you'll receive. Even my previously approved ads now show the dreaded "Pending editorial review." Problem is that they are never either approved or denied, and of course, there is never any explanation as to why this is happening. I've seen so many other webmasters complaining of the same difficulties and abuses -- it just took me a little longer to learn.

No wonder Microsoft has lost so much of their search position to Google.

Loni, Jan 19, 2012 IP