1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adserver Solution needed

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Lever, Oct 5, 2004.

Does anyone have any experience of running any particular adserver solutions?

I've seen a few in my research but would like to know what they're like from a users' perspective. I need something quite sophisticated to run multiple ads (banners and buttons) per page (ie must be intelligent enough to deliver ad1, ad2 and ad3 with no duplicate placements) and to provide accurate stats for impressions and CTR.

It will need to run off a windows server and deliver ads to 'static' HTML pages that currently use server-side includes to deal ads out.

I have a little ASP knowledge but no perl script experience

Any prices and pointers greatly appreciated TIA :)

Lever, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    You want to host ads to show on clients' sites or you want a script where advertisers can put ads on your site and both of you can monitor it?

T0PS3O, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  3. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Looking for software or system that will show, rotate and monitor ads that are provided by the ad agencies.

The current set-up has been going for about 4 years and involves placing the ad code into server-side includes.

With ever-increasing traffic there is a need to get more accurate delivery figures.

Had a look at adcycle, Open AdStream, Adserver Solutions and fastclick Adserver but who's used them? Which is best value for money, accurate, easy to deploy and use etc?

Lever, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    T0PS3O, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  5. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Thanks TOPS :) Looks like an interesting setup - have you used it much? Just wandering how easy it is to setup and use.

Lever, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Dead-easy. All I remember is troubles with crons because I didn't know what it was and at the time I didn't have access to the server to install a cronjob.

And free ofcourse. Buy a geotargetting DB and you have top class functionality. If I remember correctly it can even serve up for different sites with one set-up.

It has a great developer community behind it too so it should keep you going for years to come.

Many ad forms are supported too, all industry standards are covered.
    Installation is like any script. Being patient and reading the documents first sounds slow but saves you time overall. Even if you are not too au faix with php, I'd imagine you'll still have it going within hours.

Using it is a breeze. I remember it having a good GUI and links to help PDF's where ever it might get tricky.

Check it out.

T0PS3O, Oct 5, 2004 IP
  7. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Hey TOPS, thanks, that's really handy.

I demo'd one package today that was rather 'clunky' so a slick GUI was, for the first time ever, part of the selection criteria - eventually, once setup, I may be handing this over to others to use, so ease-of-use is going to be important.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again :D

Lever, Oct 5, 2004 IP