1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense targetting ads without spidering

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by macdesign, Sep 24, 2004.

I just created a new site, it has not even been touched by any search engine robot. I signed up for Adsense and generated several hundred pages with it. The sign up for Adsense says that public service ads will occcur until the site is indexed, yet almost immediately I'm getting ads displayed whcih are targetted for the pages, that happened within 15 minutes of the pages being created.

I laso made a small mistake, after I'd gnerated a couple of pages, and several ads came up that had nothing to do with content, but was for a competitor, I've no idea why this could be, and without thinking clicked on the ad.

What's Googles threshold for self clicking?

macdesign, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  2. zkac050

zkac050 Guest

Best Answers:
    around about 90 times is ok.......but no more than that

zkac050, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  3. xml

xml Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats fraud, the feds are probably on their way to your place, so I suggest you think about laying low in Mexico for a while.

But serious, they can determine if you clicked the ads through Cookies and IP's, but one click most likely won't get you banned. Just be careful in the future.

xml, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  4. Sholva

Sholva Peon

Best Answers:
    As soon as the Adsense code is requested (by viewing a page) Google will crawl it for content pretty quickly, well within about 15minutes max under normal situations. This crawling is not related to inclusion in web search results though, it's just to discover the context of your pages so that revelant ads will be displayed.

As others have said, don't worry about 1 click... just try not to let it happen again.

Sholva, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  5. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    And I suggest installing the Adsense preview tool, so that you can click on ads that interest you on your site - this can happen, but it's still fraud if you click on them. But if you click on the ads from Adsense Previw, there will be no problem.

In my non-google, adsense stats I often see that people click ads 2 or even 6 times. But Google can track that and make sure advertisers get what they paid for.

caroline, Sep 24, 2004 IP