1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense showing $0

Discussion in 'Payments' started by naveen.will, Oct 28, 2013.

Hello Folks, I am a newbie for the whole online money making business. I bought a website this month, the owner transferred his website, files and all those necessary infos and after that I created the adsense account which got approved and I added ads to my adunits and the status is NEW since then I have created it on Oct 21st, since then I havent seen any money being generated. This makes me really scared. Since this is a video niche website, I have seen google ads inside each of the videos, so the google ads are technically activated and I also saw the google analytics is showing atleast 5000page views and 1500 visitors per day in average for thapast 20 days. Just want to know is there something wrong which I did or anything I am missing to generate the revenue.

naveen.will, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  2. fadhi123

fadhi123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    before that website you bought website is that time this website earning or not ? i mean did you check before earning stats if yes than how much he or she earn before ? and also what is niche ?

fadhi123, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  3. naveen.will

naveen.will Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I checked the earnings before I bought it and I saw it was legitimate and the previous owner showed me all the traffic and adsense stats of it. He was earning about $20/day.

4. fadhi123

fadhi123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    is your adsense full approved ?

fadhi123, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  5. naveen.will

naveen.will Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure whether it is fully approved or not. May I know how to check it?

6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    whos ads are in these vids? Are these youtube vids? if so, then if these vids are NOT in your own youtube account, then these are NOT your ads being shown. Your ads only show on your website, so you only earn from that.

Next, you can make sure that your site is listed on your adsense approved site list just login and poke around, and make sure the url is listed there.

HOWEVER.

Do not put adsense on sites with youtube, or any other 3rd party content that you do not own. I would remove adsense INSTANTLY.

when you apply, your ads show up as blank space until you are fully approved.

matt_62, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  7. naveen.will

naveen.will Peon

Best Answers:
    Now, I saw the Adsense ads now changed from New to Idle status. I am not sure what happened, because when I hovered the mouse on "Idle" status it mentions it didnt receive any impressions. How can I optimize and chnage the ads to an active status. ? Any help is really appreciated.

naveen.will, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  8. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    (POTENTIALLY) HUGE MISTAKE!!!! I say 'potentially' as I may have got this wrong but from the sound of it I doubt it. The only videos that ever show adsense ads in them are youtube ones. So what I hear you say, "They are youtube ones" problem is unless every video on the site is a video that's been created and uploaded to youtube by you then the videos are not showing your adsense ads but the adsense ads of the video creators. Unless any of the videos have been created and uploaded by you then you won't ever see a single cent….
    The ads have changed from 'new' to 'idle' means very simply that your ads are getting no views. Without your site url it's hard to comment further. Basically it's not a case of optimizing them to make them active, simply put they aren't getting any views!
    Also adsense is contextual advertising which relies on the text on your site to deliver ads, so how's it meant to tell what a videos about???? It can't!
    Just one last thing as I don't want to kick you anymore, but google adsense strictly prevents you from making money from third party content that you don't own the right to and in particular youtube (which they own) which they are red hot on cracking down on. Basically unless you own all the videos they will ban you from adsense sooner or later, but you will get banned as they do not allow you to run adsense on sites that solely rely on third party video content that you don't own to make money - as this would conflict with the very adsense ads in the videos that you are seeing. Many others on here have done so far this year.
    I feel bad for you as I fear the worst is yet to come.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    adsenseplr, Nov 6, 2013 IP
  9. jesi

jesi Active Member

Best Answers:
    would you tell, how did the owner showed u that info? did he show u any snapshot of her account?

jesi, Nov 9, 2013 IP