1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Revenue

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by joseph29, Nov 10, 2004.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question, but I'm going to do it anyway. Does adsense add a significant income stream? Is it worth the space on your page?

Sorry, but I've asked around and am getting very mixed feelings.
    SEMrush
    Joe

joseph29, Nov 10, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    every site is different. SO it cant be answered really - but I would at least try adsense on any site - you can always remove it later if it doesnt work.

joeychgo, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep... it can vary wildly depending on the site itself, content of the site, visitors, etc.

digitalpoint, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    For a year, I only had it on the links page of my business. It generated $80 over the course of that year. Well, I shut the business down, but because of all the SEO that I had done it was still receiving a couple hundred visits a day. (Mom and Pop Brick and Mortar). On a whim, I decided to just stick adsense all over the site around halloween. Now I'm averaging $3.50 / day. You might say that is insignificant, but for me it's a web site that has to be up even though the business is closed, and this one site is now paying my colo fees.

Of course, that's assuming this average holds up. But I have no reason to believe it wouldn't.

nevetS, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  5. johncr

johncr Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely yes! You can pay your site, buy some software, and even get a coke or two

Of course, have you seen a magazine without ads: BORESOME!!!

Besides, you must offer an exit to your visitors and AdSense is the best: they pay to get out of your site!

johncr, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  6. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    For most people this is probably the level that Adsense gets to - but for some it can do a whole lot better. If your site is doing significant traffic on the right topics and you're willing to put some time and energy into it you can make a full time living - and then some.

oziii, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  7. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    absolutely - although not generally on just one site -- it usually takes a number of sites to generate the traffic and the right adsense ads - but it surely can be well worth the time invested.

joeychgo, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  8. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    My 40% monthly income comes from adsense. So it is safe to say it is a significant income stream for me. Another advice is adsense is more effective on content based sites than services focused websites (at least for me).

melfan, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It sure has been great for us. One site in particular we have called http://www.mccoypottery.com

It is just a little hobby site for my dads passion, ie., McCoy Pottery, but it does quite well.. Given it costs us nothing to host it, I would say that is money in the bank :) The only down side is it makes about 50% less than what it used to since Google lowered their fees to advertisers :-(

All in all though, it is going to vary site to site.. We have a heavily hit site, and the search (Google Adsense search) gets around 2800 clicks per day! Search does not pay out much though, but again, it is added revenue!

Mia, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  10. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is worth the space. After all, if you have white space sitting there, it's wasted anyway.

I feel that it helps to add some 'content' to your website by providing some relevant links to visitors. The google search tool would also be useful for your visitors. It will also help to motivate yourself in bringing more traffic to your site. Eg. if you have a site pulling in 100 visitors a day and making $1/day from adsense, every additional 100 visitors that you can bring in will bring in an additional dollar. 1000 visitors and you will pull in $10/day. It helps to keep me going...

Only point to take note is to avoid putting adsense on your sales page since you do not want any distraction there.

mudnik, Nov 10, 2004 IP