1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Revenue Increases 200% by filtering MFA sites.

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by cupid9, Sep 23, 2006.

This might not be something new to you, but it's definately a good news to those AdSense beginners trying to maximize the earnings.:)

Two weeks ago, I discovered a great site showing the MFA sites' url. I added the links to my Competitive Ad Filter since there was no url before. I check my AdSense revenue daily and found out that my earnings were increasing. Since the number of clicks were not increasing, then, I realize that by filtering MFA sites I can earn even more per click. I'm always amazed by how top MFA sites like best4sites[dot]net, all-free-info[dot]com, click-here-4-best[dot]info showing at top of my ads.:mad:

I started to check each and every AdSense links on my sites and filtered all the MFA sites. Of course, you can't click on your own AdSense links. However, you are allowed to right click on your own AdSense ad title to find out the destination url of the ads. And add them to the Competitive Ad Filter. I would also suggest you all to add tinyurl[dot]com and denmark[dot]com to your filter list since many MFA sites love to use these services to hide their urls.

To AdSense team: please increase the limit of URL of the Competitive Ad Filter. The current 200 urls limit is not enough since the MFA sites are increasing at a very fast pace (due to your :rolleyes: kindness:rolleyes: for allowing these no-content-but-only-adsense sites showing AdSense).

cupid9, Sep 23, 2006 IP
    freespace, spdude, KLB and 3 others like this.
  2. stockvault

stockvault Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, raise the URL limit to 500 please :)

stockvault, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  3. Klian

Klian Member

Best Answers:
    URL is down :(

Klian, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  4. angellica2017

angellica2017 Peon

Best Answers:
  5. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you sure? I can still visit it right now: http://70.87.49.210/~adsblack/

Why MFA sites managed to get such a high CTR until they appear at top spot if they pay 0.01 per click?

cupid9, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  6. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's very time consuming going through all your sites to delete these MFA sites but as cupid9 says the effort pays off in increased revenue.

After a while you can recognise the urls that are the culprits and put them into the filter pretty quickly.

Rod, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  7. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    It will not be time consuming if you realize that every single minute you spend in filtering the MFA sites will increase your earnings in the future. I regret that I didn't filter those ad earlier!!! I have lost a big money (acording to my definition of 'big money' ;-) to MFA sites! :mad:

cupid9, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  8. medic2424

medic2424 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I went to adsblack site and in there it asks you to chose your category and it generates a list of websites, now, do you add all of these websites to the filter or what guys? I need help, I am new here, what do you do with the sites that come up?

Ed

medic2424, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  9. medic2424

medic2424 Peon

Best Answers:
    When you go onto your google account, do you just put the websites or other info such as that one google has as an example? in the filter ad page......

10. learn_adsense

learn_adsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    just put the website address that you want to filter

learn_adsense, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  11. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsblacklist site seems to be down for me now.. :(

casperl, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  12. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    The AdsBlackList will generate 200 links for you. Just add them to your filter. After 4 hours or I suggest after one day, visit your sites and check the ads showing one by one. You'll surely find some other MFA sites not listed in your filter. Remove some no-so-relevant-to-your-sites url from your filter to add the new MFA sites' urls. Repeat the steps until the ads shown on your websites are only real ads which add value to your users' online experience!

cupid9, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  13. web-spy

web-spy Active Member

Best Answers:
    does it really work? I mean google sorts the ads by who pays most.. and if you filter some who normally would appear.. don't you get even less money?

web-spy, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  14. nicedeals

nicedeals Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes I was thinking the same thing..according to google, we get paid for the highest bidder ads so how does filtering all these high paying ads increase our revenue??:confused:

nicedeals, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  15. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i good suggestion. I reccomend keeping an eye on the ads that show so that you can notice if revenues go down due to new ads or MFA ads etc..

xboxundone, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  16. medic2424

medic2424 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont really understand that? How will i know if the ads showing are the right ones? SO should I delete some of the 200 sites that i input in the filter and add the ones I think should be filtered ( the ones from my page) >?

Ed

17. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    nice info.. will do that right away

Abhik, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  18. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a good thing to try. If nothing else it will help rid one's site of really spammy looking ads. Using the Google AdSense preview tool for Internet Explorer (available from Google AdSense) can be really helpful at finding what ads can potentially get displayed on a given page from different countries.

KLB, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  19. Skyline_GTR

Skyline_GTR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. This worth a try.
    Thanks.

Skyline_GTR, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  20. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing I watch for are ads with telephone numbers in them. I will either report these ads to Google or block the domain. The telephone number in ad text is nothing more than an attempt to short circuit clicks and avoid paying advertising fees.

KLB, Sep 23, 2006 IP