1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Revenue Checker

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by 7stars7stones, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll generate shortcut names of days for each date... that should do it.
    Joe

7stars7stones, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  2. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Actually I just put this article up http://www.createonlinebusiness.com/adsense_tip45.htm . It's pretty basic but half way down 'Facts (What we discovered) ' explains some of the lag time I have been noticing with stat reporting.

Every day for about a month now my CPM starts really low at the beginning of the day. At the end of each day I am between 200% to 400% greater cpm. You will never know your official dailly earnings until Google officially ends the day.

So I don't think realtime revenue stats could be acheived anyways. That is to say by the day you could. By the second, minute, hour no more current than Google is.

Homer, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  3. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    I experienced this as well. Always greater at the end of the day. But clicks and everything else seems accurate.
    Joe

7stars7stones, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  4. phpbbforfree

phpbbforfree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A little bug in the new version, the average per an hour setting doesn't work correctly now. I'm est and the big g servers are west coast so I'm 3 hours behind them so the google day ends at 3 am for me, after 12am whatever is the amount made so far in the google day is counted at the average per an hour. So at 12am if I have 100 bucks so far it will say average per an hour 100 dollars instead of dividing that amount into a 24 hour period like its supposed to its doing it into a 1 hour period cause it thinks its the next day.

phpbbforfree, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  5. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:

Try to install 1.0.1.5 version, it is on our website now. This should be fixed now.
    Works fine for me at least. Let me know please if you still experience this problem.

7stars7stones, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  6. riziko

riziko Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Joe,

The new version looks good. The charts are very informative at showing trends (and how unpredictable Adsense is from day to day).

When I saw that it supported channels I was happy but I didnt get what I expected. I want to see all of my channels plotted on the same graph so I can compare their performance. Like the digitalpoint one (http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/adsense-charts/). Could you add this option? I guess it be "All Channels" under "Aggregate Data" in the list box.

I upgraded to the new version and now the channels are not showing. There is a channels.ini file with heaps of HTML in it. Any reason why this would not work?

Ross

riziko, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  7. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    Just one question, that I don't know if it was already answered... If I buy the licensed version will I be entitled to free upgrades? Yes/No? If yes, for how long?

Also, how about a small tooltip showing when we earn something? It should be a option to be enabled or disabled because some webmasters can earn a lot and be "bombed" with tooltips everytime the program checks adsense.

Thanks!

eduardomaio, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  8. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    eduardomaio, "small tooltip"? Of course this is possible to do and I will add it soon.
    Regarding free updates. Once you purchased the program, all future updates are free of charge.
    Joe

7stars7stones, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  9. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:

Ross, could you please email me that html code? I will look at what happened.
    Regarding all channels on the same graph, great idea, I will add into new version.
    joe

10. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, that would be a helpfull feature, like the gmail notifier when we receive a new email.

Will purchase the program, really nice! Now this is a usefull tool that Shawn didn't developed...

eduardomaio, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  11. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    I am adding the code for this msn style pop-up / roll-up window into new 1.0.1.6 version. Expect it in day or two.
    Joe

12. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you confirmed with google yet that this is allowed? I'd like an official response this isn't breaking any TOS or anything like that.

hdpt00, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  13. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    I sent them an email 3-4 days ago. No answer as yet.
    Yesterday I had some problems to log into my google adsense account and I've got an answer immediately.
    Maybe they just decided to ignore it, so they don't have to show any official answer. Apparently it isn't breaking any OF THEIR RULES.
    I read all through it.
    Well, maybe they will still answer. But there is so many of these google adsense applications now it appears, in php, .net, java.... Non of them had any problems as yet.
    Joe

14. phpbbforfree

phpbbforfree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can confirm they don't have a problem as long as it doesn't chek your account more then 5 mins between intervals, they don't want people hammering the servers more then usual. I asked them a year ago when I had mine made.

phpbbforfree, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  15. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    MY experience in querying Google by email is...when it is a black and white issue they respond within 24 hours. If it is 'grey' the response is slower. Sometimes no written respose is ever recieved :confused:

Now, I have asked a half dozen or so 'grey' queries by email and received written response to one. Another query I had that was 'grey' was addressed on their end with no written confirmation.

So don't hold your breath, Joe. My advice is continue your marketing and testing of this product and continue hounding Google. If Google denies this than they really can't justify it when there are 100's of AS after market apps already on the market that are being sold.

I personally think your good to go :cool:

Homer, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  16. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    Phpbbforfree , Homer,
    That is how I see it. I wil continue developing it. My application is not hammering their servers or anything like that. Min. interval for checking is 5 minuts and as far as I know, no one needs to check it more often than every 30 minutes anyways.
    So far I had very positive reaction to Revenue Checker and many emails with new suggestions for improvement. So I have a lot to do on my list to make this app as good as it can be.
    Now I am adding some new features to this program, joined channels graphs, msn style 'roll out' windows and search statistics.
    So there is lot to look forward to.
    Also, surprisingly there is lot of sales going through every day now, which is good indicator for every program, I think.
    Have a great day all of you.
    Joe

17. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got an answer from one of my customers who contacted Google regarding Revenue Checker.

This is from his email:

Joe,
    As for what Google said, this was the direct quote about your program:

"We are unable to comment on the value of this program . Please verify that
    it doesn't require you to alter your ad code or to divulge confidential
    information per our Terms of Service, as doing either could be a violation
    of our program policies."

Then went on to comment on thier system they have and this comes from (name deleted) @ Google . com, she is part of the Adsense team.

Also with talking to some other Adsense boys looks like this program is 100% ok to us, and I think part of this is the fact, website is now updated to
    read: "Developers of this software or no one else has access to your account
    information."

7stars7stones, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  18. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    Revenue Checker for Google AdSense Version 1-0-1-6 is out!

Add-ons since version 1-0-1-5:
    Deatails in MSN Style Balloon Window on update.
    Sound on Update available now.

Some minor fixes with time.

Joe

Attached Files:

• pop.jpg
      pop.jpg
      File size:
      14.5 KB
      Views:
    7stars7stones, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  19. SmartMoney

SmartMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    No diff if his program is sending the login & password or if your browser is sending it...(providing you trust the programmer).

He would be wise to have his code independatly auditted and post the findings on his site. But if it is using SSL, should be no more risky than your own browser. Could even be better since you remove the risk of having someone steal your username and password by watching you type it.

For a newb like me who spends hours a day checking to see if I made another nickel this could free up a lot of time to actually do stuff that might make me money. :eek:

SmartMoney, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  20. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    The only problem in security is that the program automatically remembers my username and password without my permission and the password. This isn't nice when you have a computer that is shared...

Also, when your earning are 0 your CPC says $NaN (Not a Number).

Btw, the msn-style ballons are nice, but they are very "MSN Style", they go down and up and sometimes they stay "sticky" on the screen, you have to restart the program to that ballon tooltip disapear...

eduardomaio, Mar 18, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.