1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Proxy Fun

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Gede, May 23, 2005.

I was busy with my competitive filter ( from CTR 0.8% down to 0.3% So I am doing great :) ) and I decided to take a look at my site through anonymous proxies from other countries, fun to see how you get ads in the language of the location of the proxy....

I also noticed that if I look at a certain page on an other site of me, I did not get ads, or just a few, and I wondered what was wrong...

Then I took a look from "another country" at this page, Canada in this case, and the page was filled with ads. I live in Indonesia, so I live in a poor country, where there are not so many shops advertising with adwords :) Its a wonder that I can see ads at all on my sites, without an anonymous proxy.

Maybe a suggestion, but correct me if I am wrong, if you want to know which ads don't pay so much, look at them from another perspective :cool:

Anyway, I found that the competitive ad filter not always works. I have excluded some sites already days ago, but they are still showing....

(don't worry about this particular .3 CTR, I have pages with 3.0 or 4.0 too)

Gede, May 23, 2005 IP
  2. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    ooo nice bit of detective work there Gede... Strange that the competetive ad filter is not working, have you spoken to G about it?

You talk about CTR's... Is there a thread with links to sites that have high CTR's, so that us with low CTR's can look at them and try and figure out what is making them so clickable?

Critters, May 23, 2005 IP
  3. Kasparoff

Kasparoff Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, good investigation done from colleguas in Indonesia :)
    I live in the US and never thought that my ads would be shown everywhere else expect developed countries. Yes, indeed, it is a preference of targetting. When you place your text ads in the Google AdWord you decide where those ads should be shown.

Kasparoff, May 23, 2005 IP
  4. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:
    It gets even more specfic than that. For fun I have a mortgage blog and a California mortgage bloggy site. The ads on the mortgage blog looked at from the States are general but people from different parts of the States see different ads, on the California site, if you are from California, you get Cali mortgage ads.

Those Google guys are quite clever, eh?

lingeriediva, May 23, 2005 IP
  5. Gede

Gede Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Big G will notice, if not they will get an email.

Its not the clickablity, I think, its the subject.

Gede, May 23, 2005 IP
  6. pchere

pchere Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not use the Adsense Preview tool rather than using different proxies to see the ads which will appear?

Google is smart to detect visitors using proxies. Just dont click anything. :)

pchere, May 23, 2005 IP
  7. Gede

Gede Peon

Best Answers:
    Hee, I am not clicking anything, and... for what country does the preview tool works??

Sorry, thanks to the lingeriediva:

And for what state does the preview tool works?

Gede, May 23, 2005 IP
  8. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    It has;

Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Canada
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Hong-Kong
    India
    Italy
    Japan
    Malasia
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    Phillipenes
    Poland
    Singapore
    Spain
    Sweeden
    Switzerland
    Turkey
    UK
    USA

Thats the list I have, that took a while to type.

SHT, May 23, 2005 IP