1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Policy Violation

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Lusitaneae, Mar 3, 2015.

Recently I updated my website template for something more modern, simpler.

My website hosts subtitle files, I've redesigned the homepage so that visitors have a search field and most searched items right above the fold.

A/B testing with Analytics shows less time wasted on my website and additional ad revenue. Until a few weeks later when I get a policy violation for this reasons:

* Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank.
    * Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.
    * Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.

Among the changes I've made from the previous design and since I got the first violation are:

• I've reduced the keyword stuffing , rewrote stuff to look more natural and less repetitive.
    • Eliminated a bunch of useless stuff, superfluous navigation options
    • removed the intro text in blue that was shown in every search/category page.
    But at no avail so far

Any suggestions?
    http://legendaspt.net/

Lusitaneae, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  2. PrimeWebDev

PrimeWebDev Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Maybe you should check out the quality of the backlinks - are you participating in some PBN or similar set up? I don't think that the problem is on the site but rather who is linking to it. I could be wrong though.
    Cheers
    Mike

PrimeWebDev, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  3. Lusitaneae

Lusitaneae Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not really, I might have one link exchange there, but has been in place for years.
    I'll try link checking tools, see if there's toxic ones

4. Lusitaneae

Lusitaneae Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One thing I noticed was that search/category pages uses H1 title tags for each result.

despite the policy violation report only referring the homepage could that be the problem?

5. PrimeWebDev

Best Answers:
    Hi.
    Don't think so. Are people able to download movies or games at your site. Like utorrrent or similar?
    If that is the case then you will never get adsense back again.
    Mike

PrimeWebDev, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  6. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can you post the full text of the email from Adsense.

Agent000, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  7. Lusitaneae

Lusitaneae Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, just the subtitle files. And my external urls lead only to blogs about movies (without piracy)
    (I've been blocked two or three times for piracy bc of the subtitles but managed to keep it working most of the time)

Email content replying my last appeal:
    Hello,

Thank you for submitting an appeal. However, after thoroughly reviewing legendaspt.net and taking your feedback into consideration, we are unable to enable ad serving to your site again at this time, as your site appears to still be in violation.

Example page where violation occurred: http://legendaspt.net/

It is important for a site displaying Google ads to comply with Google’s webmaster quality guidelines. Specifically, the site should offer significant value to the user by providing a useful and information-rich site. Additionally, Google ads may not be displayed on 'cookie cutter' pages.

Please review Google's Webmaster Quality Guidelines (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769#quality) for more information. While we've included the following excerpts from these guidelines, we recommend that you take the time to review them in their entirety.

* Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank.
    * Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.
    * Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.

Please take some time to review your site again for compliance. When making changes, please note that the URL mentioned in your policy notification may be just one example and that similar violations may exist on other pages of your website. Appropriate changes must be made across your entire website before ad serving can be enabled on your site again.

If you'd like to have your site reconsidered for participation in the AdSense programme, please review our programme policies and make any necessary changes to your webpages.

Once you've fully resolved any issues with your site, please review this Help Centre article to learn more about how to create a successful appeal.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

8. Lusitaneae

Lusitaneae Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In the possibility they consider my homepage a doorway page I removed the advertising there and appealed. They keep the same argument, any ideas?

Lusitaneae, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  9. PrimeWebDev

Best Answers:
    Hey @Lusitaneae. The sense of this being some kind of download site for piracy content is enough for
    Google to ban your site. I can only speak from my own experience. They have probably inspected the site manually, and I recommend you to go for some other ad network and participate in their program.
    None of them are as good as Google, but if you manage to generate some good traffic you'll get some dollars for your efforts, eventually.

PrimeWebDev, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  10. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is hard to say as I can not read your language, but this:
    is basically what Google says when the site sucks and is just not very good at all.

Agent000, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  11. PrimeWebDev

Best Answers:
    Google have gone from being picky to extremely picky regarding their AdSense program, in my opinion.
    Focus on good content and nothing that comes close to being spammy or close to the "grey hat" or "black hat" zones.

PrimeWebDev, Mar 23, 2015 IP