1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Placement

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by ladesignz, Aug 2, 2005.

Please check out my ads at http://www,edbuggs.com Are these ads adhering to the TOS. Thank you in advance for your feedback :eek:
    SEMrush

ladesignz, Aug 2, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I just looked at the front page... The ad at top doesn't seem to be in violation itself, but I would be very skeptical about the video and that guy telling people to buy something. That could be construed as a veil enticement to click on ads.

As for the video itself, I pretty much wanted to punch my monitor in when it kicked on. I was watching a video on half my screen at the time I went to the site and having that kick on without me asking for it to come on was just awful. If I were not actually going to it to look at ads I would have clicked it closed as soon as possible, because hijacking my audio is a big no-no in my book.

aeiouy, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  3. ladesignz

ladesignz Active Member

Best Answers:
    When we put that video on I told him we needed to give users the option to listen to it -

ladesignz, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  4. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Ad placement looks fine, but yeah, I hate it when videos play by themselves when I go to a website. And I have broadband. What happens if you only have 56k? Nothing says, "Get out! Get out now!" than a video embedded in the page suddenly playing by itself. LOL

toocoolforschool, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  5. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes them videos and even a lot of flash sites, shockwave and others just get a fast click off from me, all we have is 56k here... and nothing else available for some distance around this area.

If a site is much more than text or small images that have been edited, it's bye bye for a lot of net users probably.

bluegill_catcher, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  6. DamienStone

DamienStone Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah Id get rid of the video.

DamienStone, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  7. robokoder

robokoder Peon

Best Answers:
    and sort out the link in your post

robokoder, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  8. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could try changing up the format of your second two Adsense ads. I have found that if you repeat the same format your CTR goes down with each instance.

MattL, Aug 3, 2005 IP