1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Paying Less Per Click than Bidvertiser or Adbrite !!!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Bryce, Apr 4, 2008.

I thought Adbrite and Bidvertiser were pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as how much you earn per click.

On average, 20 clicks normally yields about $1-$2 in Adbrite and Bidvertiser, normally Adsense was much higher than that.... Until now....

It's not bad enough Google Adsense bullies publishers and treats them like crap and bans them with no warning but when I logged into my Adsense account and saw on one site I had 20 clicks already today (a usual number) and all I earned was $.50 !!! WTF !!!!

Forget that !! In the same time period, same site, I had 8 PepperJam clicks and earned $10 and I had 5 ClickBank clicks and earned a $45 commission.

Same page, same 2.5K impressions and here's the breakdown :
    Adsense - $.50
    PepperJam - $10
    ClickBank - $45

I've about had it with Adsense and I'm thinking of pulling all my ads because I already have enough earning to get paid in May and June.

Is anybody else figuring out that CPA networks earn much better than PPC ??

Bryce, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  2. chris265

chris265 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like smart pricing on adsense or some very low paying ads.

chris265, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  3. evenues

evenues Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been hearing out this term ' Smart pricing by google', what exactly is that, it should be called 'bad pricing' :D

evenues, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  4. Boddy

Boddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I have a pretty new web site. I get around 2000 unique visitors a month and hardly make money. My web site is running for about 2 months now and I didn't make the amount of money even close to what people say Adsense can make. For a new web site like mine I think you shouldn't start with adsense.

Boddy, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  5. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, on another site, I had one $2.00 click today but the 20 clicks for $.50 is outrageous. Normally those 20 clicks earn 10x that amount. I figure my earnings based on eCPM, so the number of impressions to get clicks and the commission from those clicks is important to me. When the eCPM gets that low, it's almost better to stick CPM ads on the site :-(

Bryce, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  6. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What's PepperJam ?>

w3bmaster, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  7. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    Bryce, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  8. yyCC

yyCC Peon

Best Answers:
    adbrite and bidvertiser give me like 3 cents per click. But they show the same ad over and over again so the ctr is low.

Adsense give me 5~6 cents a click average (with many 2-4 cents click and a few of 10~50 cents click mixed together). Also it give a higher ctr for some reason.

I would believe that the more clickable area with adbrite and bidvertiser, they should get more clicks. But the quality of ads on adbrite and bidvertiser are horrible, plus no targetting done, it just ... no one clicks them.

I am better off with adsense compare with the other two, but the cpc rate is getting lower and lower everyday. nothing is like when it was November last year.

yyCC, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  9. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Bidvertiser is running "Your Ad Here" most of the time so it's just not possible it's paying better than AdSense ;)

zexy, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  10. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of my site has around a million hit a month and I never seen blank ads on the site.

The payout is around $.02 more than adsense. I used to think that Bidvertiser would pay less, but fortunately that site got banned from Adsense because of click bombing and I tested bidvertiser and it worked better.

Peace,

Barti1987, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  11. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It may depend on your niche also

soniqhost.com, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  12. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    your adsense payout will depend on your niche and visitor geo. the idea is to make money from your site. so if you have other programs that pays more than adsense, just use them instead.

sultanofseo, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  13. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. I have seen my adsense earnings have been decreasing steadily i.e. the CPC with the same niche. Does Google find the adwords people tough in spending for ads?

dairyman, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  14. qingsong

qingsong Peon

Best Answers:
    Also depend on site PR and alexa rank?

qingsong, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  15. jakeruston

jakeruston Banned

Best Answers:
    Thats completely false. PR and Alexa Rank aren't a factor of what ads are shown.

jakeruston, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  16. thivakaran

thivakaran Active Member

Best Answers:
    depends on the site traffic...u can earn million of dollar by using adbrite or other ad service

thivakaran, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  17. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI : to anybody reading this thread. I'm not saying Bidvertiser or Adbrite are out performing Adsense, I was using "title bait" to get people to discuss the impact of Google's new strategy that essentially slaps us publishers in the face and attempts to devalue *OUR* product which is impressions on our blogs or sites in favour of giving Adwords advertisers a better deal.

Have you tried changing your settings to "manually approve ads"??? I've found that when I go in every other day and approve ads manually, I get a much better CTR and CPC. I've also noticed, the more picky you are with approving ads, the better quality ads present themselves.

You're not the only publisher stuck in this sinking ship. Let's face it, despite some pre-bloodletting gains this last week, Google's stock (GOOG) is down still by roughly 40% over the last two quarters. Why does a stock go down? It goes down when a company doesn't meet it's earnings expectations. 90% of Google's earnings are derived from Adwords sales.

<the lighbulb turns on>

90% of their income comes from Adwords and their business is down by 40%. What does that tell you ??? hmm... expect a flood of threads here on DP forums with people crying that they were banned from Adsense (already happening) and expect that Google is going to weasle every penny, nickle and dime they can out of the dirty, nasty, filthy publishers hands to get that bottom line up to snuff for the next quarterly earnings report.

Always remember, Google is a publicly traded company. They live and die by the shareholders and *our* earnings live and die by the same two-edged sword.

Bryce, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  18. jugroo

jugroo Banned

Best Answers:
    what is your site url? maybe you changed ads placement

jugroo, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  19. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My adsense earnings are decreasing each day :(

angilina, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  20. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Same here..
    If this continue to happen, I will just switch to Adbrite.

Abhik, Apr 5, 2008 IP