1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense only showing charity ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by yfs1, Nov 12, 2004.

Just a quick question -

I am waiting for Adsense to deliver same themed adverts on some of my pages but so far it is just the initial charity ad. Is there a way to tell if no like content was found or should I just be patient because that is rare?

Thanks

yfs1, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Just be patient. Sometimes it takes a bit before ads start being served.

GuyFromChicago, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  3. johncr

johncr Peon

Best Answers:
    Ban the URL's you don't like and use the alternate URL to rout traffic into your own site or place a color to blank the Google ads.

johncr, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    One thing I have noticed is that there are a few times where it really did not matter what we did.. They just seemed to be in a mode of running charity ads. This was for a couple days here and there a few months back. I have not seen this in a while, so this is likely not the cause.

I would take johncr's advice.

Mia, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  5. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Charity Ads? You mean PSA (Public Service Ads)? If so just be patient. It most happen on new pages or new URL's. Paid Ads will start appearing as soon as adsense bot crawled your site.

melfan, Nov 12, 2004 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Sorry, as melfan mention I meant the PSA ads which indicate my theme hasnt been found or I havent been evaluated yet.

I will just sit back and wait. Although, if I run alternate ads in the meantime, does that affect the "process". What I mean is will running alternate ads cause the paying ads not to be assigned or can I run alternates for a week then switch back because by that time the adsense ads will be active.

Hope that makes sense

yfs1, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  7. johncr

johncr Peon

Best Answers:
    No harm at all. It is better to do something than sit back and wait. First, read the Google's FAQ, then search this forum for ideas... There are lots of them from experienced guys.

johncr, Nov 13, 2004 IP
  8. Clubtitan.org

Clubtitan.org Peon

Best Answers:
    When my site first got going it was the same thing. Now that I have a lot of members and a lot of content I get mostly relavent ads now. It may just take a bit.

Clubtitan.org, Nov 22, 2004 IP