1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense on text only pages.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Andrei, Jun 8, 2005.

Hello,

I am not sure if it is specified or not in google adsense TOS and i am too lazy to search :) ..so i was hopeing for a quick answer here.

Can you place google adsense on a page , an article lets say that has no links to other pages or other sites at all?

Basically the visitor reads the article and can either clicks on the close page button or on the google ads. No other option.

Is this allowed?

Thanks.
    Andrei

Andrei, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  2. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    WhatiFind, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  3. Andrei

Andrei Peon

Best Answers:
    hehe..thanks

Andrei, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  4. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not a bad idea that, although would your users be happy with no where to go?

SHT, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  5. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    That's probably the whole idea.. The urge to click is huge, so the only thing you can click is on an ad.

Personally I would always create some sort of navigation in sites.

WhatiFind, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  6. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a lingerie links page where the choices are a)AS, b) a bunch of text links to lingerie stores, c) a little text link back to my blog....highest CTR on the site at least ten times the front page.

My theory is the surfer is motivated by the time they get there and interested in lingerie. While they have several ways out the most attractive are the Google ads.

lingeriediva, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  7. jumble

jumble Peon

Best Answers:
    Limiting the number of competing links is certainly an effective way to drive up the click through rate. Many inexperienced users don't even know how to use the back button! So its always forward clicking for them (there is no back!). You would only remove navigation links and have zero competing links if you were not seeking a repeat visit from the user because it would certainly be annoying for many users.

This is a pretty borderline web optimisation technique. It does not break the TOS as far as i can see but it is certainly in the "dark grey but not quite black hat" SEO zone.

Cheers :)

EDIT - The google policies say -

So perhaps this would break the TOS if you removed all navigation.

jumble, Jun 12, 2005 IP