1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Noob 101!?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Neo_The_One, Nov 28, 2004.

Hi!

I haev use DP (digital point) for a long time to read etc.. been here for a while now.. just skimming throw the posts etc.. now that the time is come i wood like some advice from you guys you seam to know a lot about

GOOGLE ADSENSE! em i right or what!?

So my quastion is:

I just registred with adsens about 1 month ago.. im preaty satisfied with my income but when i read throw some of these posts here people are saying they have a CRT of 9.x or something like that me personaly have never
    had it over CRT= 1!

I have about 60000 page impressoins on my google ads per day and about 500 clicks on the ads on my community i have a PAGE RANK OF 3 on my site... !

So what would your sugject me to do to get a higer CRT or ClickThrow!
    (no cheating please!)

Thx
    Neo! :)

PS: lovly community that you have here!

Neo_The_One, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  2. johncr

johncr Peon

Best Answers:
    A CTR=100% means your visitors run away your site because it's offering nothing to them. On the contrary if your CTR=0% your site is exactly what they are looking for. I'm happy with my all time 1.7% average. To improve your figures change ad positions, colors, style. Monitor your ads using channels. Try two or three blocks, improve your title, keywords, and description tags, read this forum deeply and grab ideas.

johncr, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  3. Neo_The_One

Neo_The_One Active Member

Best Answers:
    thx, johncr!

ehh.. so what your saying is that they have found their product site and they dont want to leave.. so they stick to my site and dont press the ads!? or hehe sounds wierd. .!

so if i take down quality on my site should they press more!? ehh!? :eek:

I found out how to use channels today and those stuff so for each size of ad i use a different channel like 468x60 = 468 and so on.. so efter a while i should get some more info what they click.. !

4. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is my advice. Proper placement of your adsense ads and match theme. CTR varies on type of sites. Usually, forums has very low CTR against content oriented sites. The reason behind this is that visitors from content site arrive to read contents (topic) so if sees related ads (topic) generated by Adsense, chances are he will click it.

melfan, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  5. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Me having CTR of 4 for my static site and 0.3 for forums. Its very clear that CTR depends on your site. Forums are the place where same people visit frequently and I must say they all will be immune to ads.

I think with 500 clicks you will be getting decent amount as your revenue. :)

PS: Check my site on adsense (hackadsense.info, a compilation of different adsense information from differnt sources. :rolleyes:

Tuning, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  6. Neo_The_One

Best Answers:
    i ce.. so adding content pages / articles and such to my site wood be a good idea to
    gain more hits / better CTR!?

7. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    content is king and adsense loves content

melfan, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  8. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Its another strategy to get more income from your sites.

Tuning, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  9. Neo_The_One

Best Answers:
    ^ possibly true.. dont know hehe!

But im running a site like this

http://xxx_ LINK _xxx.com

and my site is about gaming all kinds of online games, counter strike / half life etc.. !

so should i just start making / pay someone to make me articles and add them to like

http://xxx_ LINK _xxx.com/articles/article-name.html !?

and how wood i promote that content!?

Sorry for all the qualistions but i realy wood like some help out here.. thx
    so far!