1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

adsense masters?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by boogle, Sep 7, 2004.

1. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    Why do you make this point?

Surely, if you have a normal website, that you are not forcing clicks on, the CTR could be anything, and you have no control over it.

The clicks will come from hundred or thousands of different IP addresses/PCs so it's not like one person clicking on the same computer.

If Google are worried about a high CTR, I would have thought they would have a manual look at the site and determine whether or not there is something fishy with the site.

And, if there's nothing fishy with the site, they obviously can't penalise you just for having a successful conversion rate on your site.

If you're doing something fishy and have something to hide then that's a different issue.

nadlay, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    "as long as you can balance them with low click ratio people to make your CTR under the radar."

Seems kind of underhanded to me..

schlottke, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  3. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I'm almost up to a $1. Only $99 to go till I reach my first goal. :D

TwisterMc, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  4. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I take that as a compliment. I have only started getting into my own website stuff in the past year or so and my full-time job prohibits me from putting any huge amount of time into any venture. (At this time).

Although Shawn and my overall talent's might not differ greatly, he puts much more time into projects AND is MUCH better at finding niches and applications of all things internet.

I'm getting better howerver, but still have much to learn.

Help Desk, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  5. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    "google have suspended alot of people who are getting big $$$'s "

google suspends a lot of people who have suspeciously high click-through percentages.

david_sakh, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't believe that. They may have been suspended for something that *led* to high CTR (fraud, encouraging users to click, etc.), but I have a few sites that run 25-35% CTR. Never been suspended, nor contacted by Google about it. But then again, I'm not doing anything shady at ALL with them.

digitalpoint, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  7. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    it's all hearsay. But by suspiciously high I'm talking small-timers with 70% clickthrough rates. You can't deny how suspicous that is, and I've heard google doesn't tolerate it.

david_sakh, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  8. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I bet they look at ip's. If a high rate of clicks come from one ip than they'll wonder. But if it's spread out, then who cares.

TwisterMc, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  9. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Heard where? So much of this crap about G is stuff people made up and then attached "I've heard"....

Why would they ban someone who was not doing anything wrong, had a 70% clickthrough and was small time? That tells me they market themselves very well, have AdSense well represented and placed on their site and that G is serving the right information.

Google gets PPC as well. So if the clicks are legit, and it is legit business going to the websites of the AdWords subscribers I can almost guarantee G wouldn't care if you had 100%, as long as it was legit. I have not heard anyone getting banned from G for doing everything above ground.

NewComputer, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  10. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, Shawn told me enough about his Ebay trick. How about you? Do you also have a database matching keywords and let visitors click those keywords? or you play the trick from a total different view point.

My project for ebay trick is to build a client software in C++, but I don't have the talent or money to manage it.

qll, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  11. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

Under what radar???? Explain please

joeychgo, Sep 8, 2004 IP