1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

adsense masters?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by boogle, Sep 7, 2004.

I know you cannot give an exact figure but has anybody been able to reach over $1000 yet in one month? + is it even possible from what ive read google have suspended alot of people who are getting big $$$'s :confused:

boogle, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, I'm well over that per week.

digitalpoint, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  3. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Man I'll be exited if i ever hit $100. Ever. :D

TwisterMc, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  4. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    this site is making $4000 and $7600 per month from adsense. i don't see there are very good traffics here, even though the PR and SEP ranked high. the pageviews are not that good. the site may have other sister sites to gerenate high CTR and high paying content, but I don't see any of those sites very unique. the placement of the ad is not designed for the max CTR rate either. i don't know how can digitalpoint make that much per month. for me, i have a very low traffic site but my CTR is extremely high, too high that i have to display 3 ads to lower the CTR.

digitalpoint is making more on ebay though, but i think unless via forced iframe or forced click, rebate for signup, there is no way to be that high. however even those forced cookie placer, unless the visitors are frequent ebay users, those forced clicks will not work. i have not seen any site in digitalpoint network is closely related to ebay/auction thing, so i still don't understand how it can be done.

it is really none of my business, as i am designing something in a totally different area which does not allow me any time into ebay thing yet.

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  5. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please show us a source where you read that? If you think about how Google gets paid, if you are making $XXXX.XX they are making $XXXXXXX.XX so why would they be suspending any account who was making large $$$$ unless they were doing it illegally, which would not benefit the companies who advertise on Google.

PS: Anyone who discusses their AdSense revenues in a forum is crazy. I think what Shawn said would be the extent, and I would hesitate to divulge even that much of an estimate. Don't bite the hand that feeds us ;)

NewComputer, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, digitalpoint.com doesn't really *have* a network, and the eBay stuff isn't from digitalpoint.com, so I'm pretty sure that no one within this forum knows what it is. :)

7. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:

are you sure that it does not fall into the 2 things i am talking about?
    1 offering rebate for signup
    2 forced click

i am thinking to add something as something auctionwatch.com did before, but they are closed, because ebay shut them down. what i am designing requres a lot of programming on the server side. i hope i got the time to do it.

by the way, are you related with thinkbling on the ebay issue? it seems to me that both of you know some common thing.

did both of you guessed each other right or started as a team?

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't have any affiliation with ThinkBling, and yes, I'm sure my eBay stuff doesn't have anything to do with digitalpoint.com (and yes, it also required lots of coding, and currently a MySQL database with about 5GB of data in it).

9. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    QLL, you sure seem to know a lot about something you know very little about. According to Alexa, Shawns traffic here could easily afford him XXXX, so I wouldn't be so hasty to throw out there "i don't see there are very good traffics here". I see very good traffic here. Some search terms that Shawn ranks right there for I am sure are doing good business here. He won't show hiw cards.... not until I get some Canadian beer in him anyways!

10. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn has a couple websites that rank well for some pretty excellent keywords - I've heard half of it was by accident. ;)

schlottke, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  11. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, from what you said, i can guess more about your method. it seems you are not doing illegal stuffs if you use a database. the thing i am talking about only requres: 1 text file, 1 js file, 2 server script files at most. but it is clearly againt TOS of eBay, but I can prevent them from seeing how I do it by using Meta refresh and JS location plus Form POST and nested IFRAME, and referrer checking, and cookie verficatioin.

If I know your site, then I can reverse engineer it within 1 week. I already reverse engineered your adsense-tools/sandbox.

Let me ask you few more questions about your ebay to see if I can break the puzzle:
    1 Does anyone else uses your method?
    2 Did you figured on your own or got it from elsewhere?
    3 Is the Database a mirror of ebay or set of keywords?

I have seen some ebay BS online, but mainly for sellers.

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  12. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    that is not true. once you got a high PR main site, you can include any BS and rank them high. just like webhostingtalk or webmasterworld or hotscrpts. all of them are based on random select from diffferent people, so phrases are random so keywords are more likely to appear on those randowm things. that is why a forum is highly recommanded. however, few people know how to intergrate a forum with main content. i am so dispointed as i don't have a high PR site or a forum, otherwise, i will be very rich. if you have a high traffic forum, i can increase your adsense earnings by 100 times. but it must not be related to SEO, hosting, webmaster, as those visitors are too fishy. I don't like those visitors. I like uneducated, poor, elderly, women, children, those people don't ask too many questions, don't reverse engineer my codes. if you have health related, immigration related, finance related, making $10K per month is pretty easy from google. PR of 4 or higher is required, as google only craw deep for PR 4 or higher.

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  13. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Getting fishier by the second....

14. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    As a woman (educated, by the way) I find this to be one of the most inane posts I have ever seen on any message board. You gave me a good laugh -- thanks.

Chiara, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  15. boogle

boogle Peon

Best Answers:
    LMAO :rolleyes: :p

boogle, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not terribly difficult... :) I made it in about 15 minutes by looking at AdSense. I would imagine anyone with a rudimentary understanding of JavaScript and Google could do the same.

It's not really a puzzle, so after this, I'm not going to give anymore info or answer "is it this" type of questions about it. If I wanted to share it, I would have already done so.

1. Maybe, I never looked.
    2. My own.
    3. No.

17. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but that is called Profiling. It is used for airport screening, traffic stops, ad serving. Women and men have different clicking habbits. I spent coutless hours to increase the CTR by profiling visitors. I only grouped those type of people because the CTR is high among them. I don't mean they are the same in other ways.

Have you seem how elderly people click?

If you have tought people how to use internet, you will understand, once they learned how to click, they will click whatever they see. Once they know Internet well, they will not do that. The initial stage is very profitable for an adsense site. If you can get those traffics, you will make huge money, as long as you can balance them with low click ratio people to make your CTR under the radar.

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  18. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    But, so far, you are the only site providing it. I first thought you got some special connection with google to get 20 showings rather than 4. Then I found Netscape doing the same, so I discovered several options to allow you do that.

qll, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  19. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Under the radar? Pal, I do nothing wrong with my AdSense, so under the radar does not apply. I wouldn't imagine that term applies to too many. Pretty sure that Shawn has never worried about the 'radar' and he gets more clicks than all my sites combined plus many others.

20. Chiara

Chiara Peon

Best Answers:
    You said those people don't ask many questions. That is what I found laughable. As far as women and men having different clicking habits, I don't think that's true at all. New Internet users and veteran internet users have different clicking habits. Newbies cannot tell the difference between an Adsense ad and the regular content, while longtime Internet users can do so with just a quick glance. If you ask a brand new Internet user to find the ads on a page with Adsense on it, they will just give you a blank stare. This has nothing to do with their sex.

Yes I have, as a matter of fact -- they click the same way that any newbie to the Internet clicks. It really doesn't have anything to do with age or sex. It just so happens that there are more elderly people who have never used the Internet, so it seems like they have more problems than others.

Chiara, Sep 7, 2004 IP