1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

adsense is bad for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mlao, Jun 28, 2009.

adsense is bad for SEO?
    I have some pages that was rank in the second page of Google search, I just make an experiment,
    I take out adsense code, and then was ranking first page, I try this with at list 10 pages...
    What is your opininon? you thing is just luck, or really adsense code is bad for Seo???

mlao, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  2. lukather

lukather Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think it's just luck

lukather, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  3. Professional Dude

Professional Dude Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think it's bad for seo, Since Adsense and Google are the same company.
    Although, Rankings are always changing, so I wouldn't really worry about that.

Professional Dude, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  4. tomassantos

tomassantos Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that Google would worse sites that have adsense, because that would be less clicks, in others words- less money for the google

tomassantos, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  5. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    It would be counterproductive for Google to do that. Even some large companies have AdSense on their sites and yet they are ranking high in searches.

foreverhired, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  6. jokarl

jokarl Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think adsense is bad in itself, however you will lose visitors that way. If you lose visitors quickly via adsense your bounce rate increase and you might loose a bit if it seems like people dont stay very long at your site.

jokarl, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  7. mlao

mlao Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good point, that perhaps effect rankings !!!

mlao, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  8. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think that google takes that into consideration if you bounce rate is high do to adsense clicks . . . they are keeping track of that . . . sort of LOL

but also if you look at your source code its not that much code there for adsense that will ruin SEO unless you dont have a lot of content and that one little javascript code is 1/10 of your file .. . well then it may effect things

locals, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  9. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Coincidence. A lot of people talk about bounce rate but I am not convinced it plays a big role.

jitendraag, Jun 28, 2009 IP
    Professional Dude likes this.
  10. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it's not. There are many factors why ranking drops, and Adsense is not one of them.

mrandrei, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  11. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree.. I don't think bounce rate affect SE rankings. There must be something you have done besides taking out ads that boost your position.

JessieJames27, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  12. Frost813

Frost813 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, if you think about your bounce rate, it makes perfect sense for it to affect your rankings. Google says that they are all about serving relevant results to your search criteria. Should your site come up in the search results for a certain word, and you have a high bounce rate then they can make the assumption that your site is not very relevant for that term, and people are not staying on the site for long because they aren't finding what they're looking for. That's when you start sliding down the ranks...it makes sense to me.

Frost813, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  13. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    I think adsense is good for Google index, cause i had a newsite with content and adsense, it indexed in less then 24 hour ... btw is brand new forum with simple intro n adsense ..

SonnyCooL, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  14. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce back rates do not affect Google keyword rankings in the organic SERPs. It's too spammable. And a quick bounce back might actually mean they quickly found EXACTLY what they were looking for instead of NOT finding what they are looking for.

And I don't think AdSense has any effect on Google search rankings.

Canonical, Jun 29, 2009 IP
    ninjashoes and Tara33 like this.
  15. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everything that I have noticed so far on my own websites has lead me to believe that Google AdSense is not bad for SEO. (At Least not at Google.com)

Why would Google penalize websites for displaying their ads?

The SEO Man, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  16. DutchWM

DutchWM Peon

Best Answers:
    bots don't execute javascript. they wont even know that you have adsense

DutchWM, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  17. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good point, I think alot of us fall victim to not thinking some things like this through enough. Bounce rate is a tool to determine whats going on but its not so cut and dry as most people think.

repped your post buddy

ninjashoes, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Exactly! I think the CTR of serps listings is a better indicator of relevance compared to bounce rate.

dcristo, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  19. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also agree that bounce rate does not affect organic rankings. It can be too easily manipulated by our competition.

I also do not believe that a high bounce rate is necessarily an indicator that my visitors are not getting the information they came for. For instance, if I do a Google search for "AT&T contact information" and Google displays the page with their contact info...I am going to visit that page, get the information, and click off of the web site. A session is defined as 29 minutes long, I believe. Why would I stay on that page for 29 minutes, or click another page of the web site if I have found what I was looking for right off the bat? I wouldn't. Therefore, the bounce rate is going to go up, but that doesn't mean the site didn't deliver relevant information to me, based on my search. It just means that someone visited one page of a web site, didn't click to another page, and spent less than 29 minutes on the page they visited.

Tara33, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  20. roseplant

roseplant Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually search by opening all the relevant sites in tabs, bang bang bang with right click, work my way through them, closing the useless tabs. I suspect a lot of people browse this way now Firefox and tabbed browsing is more popular. So tracking 'bounce rate' as far as I know is impossible from Google's end, so really unworkable as a measure of the site's importance.

roseplant, Jun 29, 2009 IP