1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

adsense is a big bullshit

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by bidvertiser_blogger, Dec 13, 2007.

1. directorysubmission00

directorysubmission00 Banned

Best Answers:
    i prefer seeing if people want a banner or image ad on my site

directorysubmission00, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  2. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Adsense is the easiest damn way of making money ever invented. You put a JavaScript code in an include file and yo make cash.

Lexiseek, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  3. bizmart

bizmart Active Member

Best Answers:
    Was adsense around in 2001?. I thought it was made available to publishers at some time in 2003. We're you one of the early testers?

bizmart, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  4. spygadget

spygadget Banned

Best Answers:
    adsense beta launched much before 2003 buddy ...go back and check history please.

spygadget, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  5. Sphinks

Sphinks Active Member

Best Answers:
    WB seemed to be a real competitor for adsense. Now they're counting only clicks from US and Canada.
    Adsense is not excellent, but you don't have another better valid choice.

Sphinks, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  6. bizmart

bizmart Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was only asking out of interest. I joined Adsense late in 2004. I wish I'd have known about the beta at the same time as you back in March 2001. Almost 7 years of Adsense experience is very impressive. Congrats!

bizmart, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  7. H-bomb

H-bomb Peon

Best Answers:
    AdSense is great for the larger players, but you really need to consider Affiliate Marketing if you want to earn more that the odd .20 cents per click.

Admittedly there is a LOT of hype and BS about Affiliate Marketing, but if you search through all that and find a good product that people actually want then you can make some decent money. I would recommend finding yourself one Affiliate product that you are interested in yourself, and start promoting it everywhere. Your sig, your blog, your emails, other forums, everywhere!

Once you start making some commissions, try and convince others how great it is! If you choose the right Affiliate Program, you'll be able to make additional money when those that you refer begin getting commissions themselves.

Hopefully, with some hard work, you'll get the snowball effect!

H-bomb, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  8. intruder2600

intruder2600 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think there are three reasons, why people don't make money:

1. They try to build too ambitious projects.
    2. They try to build too small projects.
    3. They don't do seo.

ad. 1. Forget about Digg, Shoemoney etc, you'll NEVER make such a big projects as they did. They were lucky, probability of success is the same as buying a lottery coupon.

ad 2. Forget about "forex, mortgage loans, medicals, boats". The're are milions of blogs about this keyphrases with poor content. Who told that content is king anyway ? You may have best mortgage content, so what ? Making top 10 at serps is almost IMPOSSIBLE for such keyphrases, companies invest lots of money to get there. So where did they supose to get traffic from ?

ad 3. No SEO, no traffic, no impressions, no money. You have to realize that you can't get money without traffic, and best quality traffic is from serps. Find simple keywords, but keywords that will bring you some traffic. Build website, get well ranked and earn 1-3$ per day, by one website. Build 50 / 100 different websites, and you get 1-3$ x 50 or 100 - that's even 300 $ per day !

Those are my tips, thats my methode and I'm earning some real cash. There's one good point at my methode - if I'll lose one, two websites (sandbox effect) I still have many other so my earnings are still ok. And finally - domain is cheap for the first year, if domain is not earning money, I don't pay for the next year - simple ;)

Good luck ;)

intruder2600, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  9. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Intruder2600:

Nice tips and probably you are right, but you can't possibly build (and maintain) 50 / 100 websites. I would say 10 ?

Cagliostro, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  10. ritzbitz

ritzbitz Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do people complain that AdSense isn't making them money and blame AdSense? Has it ever occured to them that maybe they just don't get it right? AdSense is a GOLD mine for web publishers. And I mean real web publishers, not just wannabes who want to make a fast buck with useless content...

There is NO secret to making money with AdSense. AdSense makes a lot of money for people who make large popular sites. If you can't make a large popular site, then make a LOT of smaller websites. Plenty of targeted traffic from one large site or many small sites = big AdSense earnings.

And you always need to hire someone to help you out with your sites. One person wanting to earn big bucks using AdSense by himself alone = delusional. Unless you're Markus Frind. But what are the odds that you'll be as great as him?

ritzbitz, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  11. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I capped well over $1000 monthly from adsense consecutively for about 2-3 years now. I was starting to reach higher numbers in the last few months. I was seeing $1700-$1900 months, but I still wasn't satisfied..

I almost completely dropped Adsense now.. With Clickbank, on the exact same site, I double or even triple what I was making on Adsense.. I usually come out between $4k and $5k a month now whit the same traffic..

I still run a few Adsense blocks to pay for my dedicated server, but Clickbank is my primary income generator as of lately.

Think about it.. Adsense pays you $.10 per click and a sale pays you $25+ per sale.. Adsense wouldn't exist if people didn't buy products and downloads from the Adsense Ad.

No one is going to pay more for clicks than they are making in sales. They start Adsense campaigns because they convert your traffic into their sale..

My advice is, if you really want to make serious $$$, start learning how to sell. Use your organic traffic to promote related products. Deep behind adsense's curtains lies the true facts, that sales drive Adsense, and if there we no sales being made, no one would buy clicks..

floodrod, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  12. intruder2600

intruder2600 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yes, I did :D it took my 2 years but i have about 70 small websites, everyone has some small traffic, but enought to earn :) I use Joomla and my own graphic design, so every small website is unique :)

intruder2600, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  13. Karel

Karel Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't use adsense and never would as I do better by leaving my sites clean of ads. Because of my subject people are weary of people making money out of their sufferering.

Mistakes people make.

Completly clutter their site with them , total turn off to visitors. People come for info, not to be bombarded with ads.

People build sites and go with adsense straight away. Build your hits up first, get some real content on there, before you even think of adsense.

Awful looking ads. ads placed above content, irrelevent ads to the theme of the site.

Hard work and research is the key, but in the main don't expect adsense to make you a living. Think outside the box, come up with something different.

Karel, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  14. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    The idea of adsense is not that it will make people become millionaires, it simply offers webmasters an opportunity to monetize their content.

This means that if a website has been put online and is attracting traffic from interested visitors, then it has a chance to earn some money. Obviously the more traffic that visits the more opportunities exist to build some good income.

The problem that most webmasters face is that they try and build sites around high paying adsense terms and then get frustrated that they 'wasted' their time because they are not getting any decent traffic.

Simply build a functional, informative website around a niche topic and make it useful to the intended visitors with unique or interesting content that they will find useful. This will help with marketing of your site as they will refer other contacts and provide natural links into your site.

The search engines will find the original content and assess it for various related search terms and with natural links being received, will help raise the serps rank over time.

Adsense is not a get rich quick scheme. It is one way to monetize traffic, but definately not the best way for every type of site.

If you do build a good website and it attracts a lot of relevant traffic, then there are other sources of generating income that would exceed adsense income. Direct advertising, affiliate marketing and even selling the website for substantial profits.

Ganceann, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  15. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't have the knowledge is your problem i have te knowledge and ambition to reach my goals

PS : Hate the player not the Game .....

w3bmaster, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  16. blazwww

blazwww Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    work work and work , and you will start earning with adsense ;)

blazwww, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  17. Solid_Nuts

Solid_Nuts Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think the problem is that your looking at it from the wrong angle, its very possibel to make a living but don't expect much from a site that dose not provide any thing valuable for the users.

Quality traffic is key, that means it needs to be good, real good, not some "re-written" rubbish content you see duplicated every where, "How to make money online" ,"mesothelioma treatment" and the likes. users should feel like they get what they're looking for.

thats the key really, quality traffic that can grow with time.

and the fact is personally the sites alot of dp users own are just crap i've only been around for 1year and i have yet to see any real quality sites that are owned by dp users. all i've seen are crap blogs filled with adsesne and proxies. if your into that then its only stupid to expect anything less then a empty adsense account.

from spending time here i relised that issue from the beginning so i was in no rush to go buy domains and hosting to setup yet another useless blog. i just read alot of the threads on here got an idea how things work and the rest was put into brain storming. it wasnt untill 3months ago that i had an idea that i was personally passionate about. i researched the keywords for it and search volume as well as other factors like long terms demand which important if you want to make a living off it.

once i did all that. i went ahead got me a good domain and $6 hosting off godaddy and wrote original content for it a few times a week. and just basically worked on it every chance i had.

ok now in just 3months from 0 traffic i get 1200+ a day and in total i have
    121,809 Visits and 320,832 Page views.

my site has climbed to number 6 on the first page of google because my content is good hundreds of blogs/sites had links back.
    my earning went from $10 a month with just google to $25 a month ontop of that i recently added adbrie and to my surprise the inline ads are making sometimes better or just as good as google. all in all i'm making between $50-$60 a month.

i know its not much but i also know that my site will grow! i might be wrong about the phase of growth but as long as it improves just a little bit that works for me.

The End;)

Solid_Nuts, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  18. rooteroa

rooteroa Guest

Best Answers:
    If you're only getting $1 for 30-40 clicks then you need to find a new niche. I average about 30 cents a click and some days get $4-5 off just 5 or 6 clicks.

rooteroa, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  19. tokstumble

tokstumble Peon

Best Answers:
    There are ways to earn a decent amount of money from AdSense. If you have a system and you stick to it, like many successful AdSense publishers do, it will not be too hard to earn that $1000/month income.

Although I haven't reached that level of income from AdSense yet, I believe that with the right content, right optimization of the ads, and the right market I can do it.

tokstumble, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  20. rapwaydown

rapwaydown Peon

Best Answers:
    yea, you will see a lot of web publisher use adsense with other affiliate
    because it is not save to work with adsense, google will disable your account for no reason, and the chance of getting your account back is so slim.

rapwaydown, Dec 13, 2007 IP