1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense iPhone App

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by timallard, Aug 1, 2008.

1. anxer

anxer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

When i state that I'm using Safari built in browser, I mean that my application uses an instance of WebView object in order to communicate with Google AdSense. It works exactly as you would do with Safari. Sincerely I don't know the issue regarding cookies since it is transparent to me since the WebView object handles it.

Of course every time an update has finished I call logout.

I don't understand completely the case so I cannot guarantee if it will work, what I know that it works is the following:

Whenever I change from the settings page the credentials (i.e. put wrong data) I get a message that the username and password is wrong, i assume that if the cookies where stored it would allow me to connect.

I would appreciate if you could give it a try and if it doesn't work inform me to give you a refund via paypal.

Thanks

anxer, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  2. mickmel

mickmel Peon

Best Answers:
    Fair enough. I'm not quite sure how all of that works either, so it's worth a shot.

I'll let you know what happens.

I can't get it to work at all. When it starts up, it immediately says "Please set username/Password from iEarn settings page", with an [Ok] button. When I tap [Ok], the app closes. I can't get around it to get into the settings page. Thoughts?

mickmel, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  3. anxer

anxer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup you need to set up your Google credentials, from the main page of the iphone, select Settings and then select iEarn you need to put there your Google AdSense credentials. Visit also http://iearn.anxer.com/iearn/Support.html

anxer, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  4. mickmel

mickmel Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry about that. I totally forgot that applications can have settings in there.

That's fixed now, and I'm firing it up!

mickmel, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  5. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hey, i'm going to give this a try.. i'll be throwing my money at you in a few minutes..

just installed it!

when i read the description i was horrified at the times listed for getting updates.. i did it on WiFi and it wasnt too bad, but why does it take so long? it doesnt take that long looking up that same info on the Adsense website ..

Tearabite, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  6. anxer

anxer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your comments,

Regarding the delay unfortunately due to the fact that there is no GoogleAdSense Web service to retrieve the earnings we had to use GoogleAdSense web server for retrieving the earnings.

This results to an initialization phase where there is a need to exchange https certificates and to establish a secure session, this takes time and necessary amount of data being exchanged (to ensure secure connection according to https).

As you can understand depending of the connection quality the time varies. This is something described also at AppStore in the description. From our tests on iPhone 3G, update time ranges between: 30 seconds (WiFi/ADSL), 1-1.5 minute (3G) and 2 - 2.5 minutes (GPRS). We are monitoring Google if an API will be published in order to use it since it will minimize the needed time and the exchanged data.

Regarding the first use issues (Wrong username/password), I'm sorry for the inconvinience we plan in the next update to fix this and to provide a button which will take you directly to the settings page. With a couple of more excellent recommendations coming from Australia :), feel free to post your wish list in order to include it in the next update.

Sotiris

anxer, Oct 1, 2008 IP
  7. timallard

timallard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does this app work? Need an update :)

timallard, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  8. mickmel

mickmel Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it works, it's just very slow.

Over EDGE, it will never load for me. Over wifi, it's great!

mickmel, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  9. Tearabite

Best Answers:
    • it works great from my WiFi at home
    • Does NOT work from WiFi anywhere else
    • Does NOT work on EDGE
    ANXER: instead of asking for a refund i'm hoping you're still working out the bugs.. how about an update?

Tearabite, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  10. anxer

anxer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, all

Yes I'm currently fixing the bugs: More specifically

1) regarding not registered Wifi a popup list will be shown with the available Wifi network and you will have the opportunity to select a Wifi to connect with
    2) regarding EDGE issue this is something wich is strange since here at Europe it works with GPRS and 3G quite nice, I have test it with iPhone 3G and iPhone OS2.1. Maybe you are using an older version of iPhone? I would appreciate your input.

Thanks for your comments the first update will be available next Monday hopefully on the AppStore.

anxer, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  11. Tearabite

Best Answers:
    yes, i am using an original [Edge] iPhone, with the 2.1 update

Tearabite, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  12. anxer

anxer Peon

Best Answers:
    @Tearabite and @mickmel when you state that over EDGE iEarn doesn't load, could you please inform me what message is shown? Update failed due to timeout or Authorized successfully? I think I'm close to the solution and your answers will be very helpfull.

Thanks

anxer, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  13. mickmel

mickmel Peon

Best Answers:
    I just tried again and it got to "credentials sent" fairly quickly (within a few minutes), then stayed there for about 20 minutes and I gave up.

3 bars on EDGE

mickmel, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  14. Tearabite

Best Answers:
    yep..same thing here. everything looks good, no errors.. just sits there after saying credentials sent..

Tearabite, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  15. www.livesportz.com

www.livesportz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sorry not have more info

www.livesportz.com, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  16. Tearabite

Best Answers:
    uhhmm.. so what's the status?
    I havnt seen any updates in the App Store..

Tearabite, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  17. anxer

anxer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tearabite,

The version will be sent to Apple tomorrow so most probably by Friday you will have it (version 0.3) . In brief the additions are:

1) Resolves some issues with US GoogleAdSense retrieval (i.e. No data available error etc)
    2) Refresh button added for updating the data more quickly (avoids relogin)
    3) Support for Currency customization
    4) myEyes Only feature , actually you can setup a password to enter for protecting the application during startup (if the phone goes to wrong hands)
    5) Settings are now configured through preferences (flipside) and not from settings page.

The wish list for version 0.5 is open and I'm trying to support WiFi discovery if there is no one registered. It needs some time. Of course you can add here your wish list comments or via email on the official site.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the delay but I was collecting suggestions from other customers and tried to put as much in this version.

anxer, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  18. anxer

anxer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The application update has been approved and from today is available for download from iTunes Store. Your feedback is more than welcome

Regards

anxer, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  19. mickmel

mickmel Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not showing as an available update yet, but I'll keep checking.

mickmel, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  20. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats my problem too with my iPhone 3g..

config_error, Nov 5, 2008 IP