1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense in RSS feed against TOS?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Tim_Myth, May 21, 2006.

I know I can put adsense code in an rss feed, but I'm wondering if it is a violation of the TOS. Before you give the knee-jerk "Yes", hear me out. Suppose I have one private central site (not available to the public) that houses RSS feeds for a couple dozen sites that I own/run. Suppose also that none of them violate the TOS in any way by themselves, and all they do is display the RSS feed from my central site. I maintain the one central site and use the rss feeds so that I can update multiple sites all from one nice, easy control panel rather than having to log into a dozen blogs/cms's/etc. to make updates. Suppose I am also careful to use server side rss parsing so the content is spiderable, and also assume that I do not exceed the number of allowable ad units displayed on a site by including one or two in the rss feed.

How would that violate the TOS?

Tim_Myth, May 21, 2006 IP