1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Impressions CTR Dropped 70%

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Staring, Sep 27, 2004.

After the long update yesterday I found my site to have almost dropped out of the .com serps and my adsense impressions and ctr are really really terrible. Lots of PSA's which I never had before and in some cases nothing at all.

I hope this is just a glitch that will be fixed soon, I take it if I am losing lots of money so is Google with this new algo. I do not have a spam site, only one 404 redirect so users don't get the Server Error page. I have a PR5 and have original content.

Is this happening to you and what do you think? Will it all go back to normal?

Staring, Sep 27, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    With "long update", do you mean you updated your site or are you hinting on an algo update that no one else has noticed?

T0PS3O, Sep 27, 2004 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Well, logically speaking, everyones SERPS cannot go down (or up) at the same time. SERPS are a zero-sum game. For there to be losers, there must be winners. For there to be winners, there must be losers. Everytime your SERPS fall, someone elses SERPS rise. Everytime your SERPS rise, someone elses SERPS fall.

My SERPS rose Saturday and fell Sunday and Monday, all within fairly normal ranges. The major rise I expected due to content enhancements never came.

AdSense impressions and CTR are fairly normal -- by the end of the day. During the day, they have appeared to fluctuate wildly. However, I am beginning to think that the stats are not fluctuating as much as it is the reporting that is fluctuating. That is to say, I am beginning to think that the columns are updating at different times!

This could just be a bit of paranoia, except that I swear that I actually saw some concrete evidence of this a few days ago. I have the AdSense portal loaded on two machines. On both machines the Impressions were the same, but the Clicks differed. I should have done a couple of screen captures. <blush>

What is your URL? We might be able to take a guess as to why you are seeing more than your usual share of PSA's?

Hopefully it is more than "advertisers in your industry segment stopped spending money on AdSense due to negative ROI."

Will.Spencer, Sep 27, 2004 IP