1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense How does it Work

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by prowler, May 4, 2005.

Hi all first time here

I run a new auction site and have google Adsense on the site what i need to know is why does it just show candle related sites on Adsense is it because i have on my frontpage candle related item that is finishing soon or does Adsense use the sites content i thought i used the meta tags sorry if this seems a dumb question but i am a bit of a newbie to Adsense

Cheers

prowler, May 4, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The biggest and most important thing it uses is Content. If you want to give the url, people can help you with how to get it to display the ads you want (or at least why it is showing the ones it is)

yfs1, May 4, 2005 IP
  3. prowler

prowler Guest

Best Answers:
    Cheers for your help my site is

http://www.bidup.org

prowler, May 4, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

Best Answers:
    The fact that you have a dynamic front page means it will always try to figure a theme from your open auctions. You are right to think it was the candle listings.

When I go there I get a few "Snipper Tools for Auctions" ads so it does see the general theme. But remember that there are lots of candle ads so those will tend to dominate if it finds candles mentioned

What type of ads are you after?

yfs1, May 4, 2005 IP
  5. prowler

prowler Guest

Best Answers:
    Thats fine i am happy with that as it will show content to my site will the candle ads change in time as diffrent listings are shown

cheers

prowler, May 4, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

Best Answers:
    In my experience how quickly they change will depend on the number of visitors. If its a stagnant site or a few people a day come, AdSense won't "re-evaluate" the ads.

yfs1, May 4, 2005 IP
  7. prowler

prowler Guest

Best Answers:
    its a new site about 1 month old i get around 200 visitors a day sometimes more sometimes less

prowler, May 4, 2005 IP
  8. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    Google puts ads on your site. Poeple click the ads. You get paid for each click. Its that simple.

paymentapprovaltooslow, May 4, 2005 IP
  9. prowler

prowler Guest

Best Answers:
    Think you missed what my question was JohnsonSmith i know how that works

My question was is my sites content making the ads show what is being shown on my site eg candles

eg if a computer related item was on the front page would google ads show computer related ads etc etc

prowler, May 4, 2005 IP
  10. aix4200

aix4200 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My site is 1 month old site, i don't have enough visitors on my site , rougly 5-10 visitors a day. I have seen some times there are 10-12 clicks or more but i got no earning from it. Some day i have seen just 4 visitor and 1 click and earing is 2 or something ....

I don't understand this so far ??

Andy

aix4200, May 4, 2005 IP
  11. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Either there are PSA ads showing on your site because you don't have enough content to show ads or all of those clicks are coming from the same IP and therefore not counting.

Make sure those aren't friends clicking (or clicks you have traded or paid for) :cool:

yfs1, May 5, 2005 IP